POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2015, 10:10:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 26298
  • Latest: Hudli
Stats
  • Total Posts: 673077
  • Total Topics: 52106
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Changing things up...  (Read 1130 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
Changing things up...
« on: July 07, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »
....a little....then a lot....

On my birthday, I got a stomach virus. Didn't think too much of it until the water department sent a notice that some water got through that had not been properly...treated.

After a week of that, I was pooped(literally) and had no energy for anything. And it rained and rained and rained and rained.....

Before my birthday, I was gung ho on getting ready with spring and summer and actually listened to "Scotty" and weeded and feeded my lawn.

When the rain finally stopped, about two weeks later....I had some serious grass growing so I got out the lawn mower and got busy.

As if to show support for my efforts, a beam of sun broke through the clouds and shone.....right on me...I mean....it seemed to follow me wherever I went.

I got real hot...I was drinking water.....I must have downed 2 litres in 2 hours and finally I finished the front yard. As I was heading for the garage, I felt I real hot rush from my back and up my rectum...

..odd...but back pain is nothing new.....but that heat flash was new....I suddenly had the greatest urge to pee...went inside and it welled up and nothing came out....

A familiar cramping crawled up my side...I am not a novice to kidney stones and sure enough I passed a kidney stone the next day with a new twist.....three blood clots...

The services at the Health Dept and my GP have been very unsatisfactory lately, and I had just had labs done the second week of March with her crowing how EvErything looked perfect.....

..yet somehow, I thought that if I was that close to having a kidney stone something should have shown up in all that blood they keep pulling out of me.

There is an organization called Healing Wings that most of my friends use, so I decided to shop around and see what if I was missing out on anything.

Just like "just" looking for a new car......BOom.....I was suddenly signing up and changing my services.....

Why? Because while the Health Dept was ONLY interested in my HIV, and my GP was supposed to take care of everything else....it just wasn't working out....especially since they are both with Tarrant County....yet never shared any info on me.....

....which, I thought they had been doing all along.

Healing Wings...my HIV doctor would also be my GP....saving me a copay right off the bat.....and they have a thing called My Chart which I can log in and see my medical records and my test results......without having to wait weeks to schedule with Dr's and having to pay more copays.

They took 15 vials of blood......and first things first.....I had my literally first UTI from the kidney stone.....I just thought with the blood clots added to the mix, that I was taking a little more time to recover.....

But when I peed, the bottom of my feet hurt so bad, that my toes curled....Mom and Katie immediately diagnosed UTI and I had to eat some humble pie as every time they had contracted a UTI ...I had obviously NOT given them the proper "respect" due for what they were going through.....

Another couple of weeks trying to get some strength up while the grass grows again....I mowed half of the back yard yesterday....

Today, I rest from yardwork as Katie is in the hospital again with cellulitis...severe...and I plan on visiting her this afternoon. It behooves me that she is under 24/7 at a Nursing Facility and she had to go by ambulance to the hospital for something that she has been complaining about for more than 2 weeks.

OH yeah....I am taking Nevirapine, Lamivudine, Abacavir, Isentress and at the end of my intake at Healing Wings, Dr asked me why I was taking so many medications as a cocktail norm is three.....I hadn't even thought about it.

So part of my bloodwork was to see if I had any resistances so I could change to one pill a day...Triumeq

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:08:22 PM by rondrond »
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Online Jeff G

• Global Moderator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Changing things up...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:16:55 PM »
Its good to see you around these parts again ... sorry you are peeing rocks .

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 01:55:42 PM »
hey! Long time no see. Happy Birthday! Good news on hopefully getting better access and care. That's always a good thing.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

So we put our hands up like the ceiling can’t hold us
"Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

chart from 1992-2015 Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline rondrond

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 07:21:09 PM »
Its good to see you around these parts again ... sorry you are peeing rocks .

I'm sorry that I'm peeing the wrong kind of rocks....remember when we were bartending and this Vodka or schnapps showed up with flecks of gold.......I should have absorbed enough gold to lay the Golden Goose Egg...

...during my kidney stone ordeal there were a few visits to the throne room where I thought I was[/i ] laying a goose egg......

...why is there such pressure to defecate when the stone is coming out the urine?....incredible

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Online Jeff G

• Global Moderator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 07:26:19 PM »
I'm sorry that I'm peeing the wrong kind of rocks....remember when we were bartending and this Vodka or schnapps showed up with flecks of gold.......I should have absorbed enough gold to lay the Golden Goose Egg...

...during my kidney stone ordeal there were a few visits to the throne room where I thought I was[/i ] laying a goose egg......

...why is there such pressure to defecate when the stone is coming out the urine?....incredible

I got my one and only DUI from a night of Goldschläger … It was a pain in the ass if that counts .

Offline rondrond

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 07:29:57 PM »
hey! Long time no see. Happy Birthday! Good news on hopefully getting better access and care. That's always a good thing.

I'll take that belated birthday wish...it was March 1.....know what I got besides the stomach virus?

... Konsyl 100% psyllium fiber......thanks mom

I was chewing on these benefiber fruit chews (ummm....they tasted like candy)..and they worked at first....then I got bloated and then I grabbed the bottle and read the label.....

'new and improved'   new formula made with wheat dextrin...and guess who had an allergy test stating ...

.. allergic to wheat?

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 07:38:06 PM »
I got my one and only DUI from a night of Goldschläger … It was a pain in the ass if that counts .

Did you ask for a cup to throw up in and hand it to him..."here you go, there should be enough gold in there to cover the ticket"

In the 70's and 80's I usually found that the officers were more amused than anything and getting a warning was pretty much my lucky night......

Because there were a few nights I would come to the realization that I was in a pile of trash cans (before recycle bins) and that I was completely lost (before cell phones) and the rising sun would show that I was maybe two blocks from home.....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »
...another big change was giving my F150 to my niece, Jennifer, who is the proud mother of my grand niece Victoria.....

...I am now tooling around in a 2015 Ford Transit 350

It has a Commercial hydraulic lift for Katie's wheelchair and used to seat 9.

I had three rows of seats taken out and now it sits five and would seat 2 more with the bench seat I put in the basement.

I feel like I'm flying a helicopter.....the front seat is at the bottom window height and those big windows....I am front and center....

As for Victoria, I was getting worried about her as she was walking but not talking. She would carry on a conversation with her magic finger though......pointing at things and testing my vocabulary as to what she was point at.

..and then she learned a word....and I'm sad to say it wasn't Uncle Ronnie, or mommy or daddy......

..we were in Toys-R-US and she is teething and wasn't feeling well so had not eaten breakfast.

..My little sister, Terry, who is her grandmother, was putting things in the cart and Victoria is good shopper smiling at things she likes seeing going in the cart and throwing out things she doesn't particularly care for.....

Terry saw these yogurt straw like thingies and she knew that Victoria liked them and she did because she said her first word pointing at them..."NOW"

I felt better knowing that she could speak.....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:02:08 PM by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Online Jeff G

• Global Moderator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 07:57:10 PM »
It does look like something out of Roswell LOL . I had a transport van with windows like that once and its like sitting in a helicopter just like you said .

Offline rondrond

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 08:28:53 AM »
It does look like something out of Roswell LOL . I had a transport van with windows like that once and its like sitting in a helicopter just like you said .

Speaking of Roswell.....I have ......evidence

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Online Jeff G

• Global Moderator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 08:52:51 AM »
Its one of those celestial sticky traps like you catch mice with.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 09:51:23 AM »
....is dredging up some things I had forgotten about....

..but...I wanted a Dr who listened and paid attention and now she has turned the page in my chart to..

COPD

I was diagnosed in 2009 after the blood clots in the lungs and not being able to breathe. My problem is that I have no trouble breathing until I get inside a clinic or hospital.

I take my two huffs of Symbicort in the morning and one mucus relief tablet as a preventative and I am good for the day.

I do a lot of yardwork and can complete hours of mundane outdoor chores with no breathing problems, yet every time I walk into the clinic *cough* ......

*coughcough*  *Coughcoughcough*   COUGHCOUGH here comes the lung.....

...can't talk...wheeze....

So Dr G  "do you smoke?"

"No, but I was a bartender in the 70's and 80 and my partner of 10 years smoked (Benson & Henson Menthol)"

So she has ordered a Pulmonary Test for July 29th which I am not looking forward to as I noticed in the notes her statement..."needs a CPAP"

A CPAP was mentioned back in 2009 but back then I did not have insurance and neither Medicaid or AOC would pay the maintenance and monitoring of a CPAP.

Yes, they would pay for the Sleep Study, which I completed but on the treatment i.e. the machine and monitoring of it.....dead end

Then I had my Sleep study at 845pm. I shaved and showered and packed a bag with two books and a pillow and some wash cloths and extra underwear.....in case  anything 'untowards' should occur.... ::) Last week I've only had to change underwear twice a day....

It was getting dark and I had gogled mapsco and found it 'somewhere' behind Northeast Mall in Hurst. I used to travel this road on the way to the airport when I worked for AA, so had a general idea of where to go...

I was nervous about driving at night also as my eyesight hasn't been up to par lately and I haven't done any night driving in months....but there was NO PROBLEM...I can still drive day and night... :D

There was a moment there with those tiny little numbers on street signs, turned to the side so you can't see them unless you're right in front of them.... ???

but I finally pulled over in a strip mall and got an address and deducted that I was only 5 blocks away....

There was only one car in the parking lot, and I was a little concerned for the safety of my truck..

The attendant was in the back somewhere and I had opened the door that did not have these wind chimes on them, so I batted them to let her know I was there...

Had to fill out a questionnaire ....EIGHT pages of the thing...some 'yes', 'no', ...some of the ,' never', 'sometimes', 'frequently',' always'...a lot did not pertain to me, so I just said "NO'...some I just downright guessed on....

My biggest problem was in determining if my sleep problems are from, HIV, depression, DVT, pain, meds....or all of the above....which most of the questions were geared, it seemed to finding outside influences...

she showed me my room....y'all, I just went with the flow.....in for a dime, in for a dollar...the furniture was CHEAP...looked like it had been purchased from Thrift Town, or the occasional bargain you find at the curb....

It seemed clean enough....the attendant was friendly....I needed this test to satisfy doctor and hopefully future life events....such as Disability Determination....(the more medical the better)...

So,, I got over that it wasn't the Waikiki Grand in Hawaii, and let her hook me up to these probes....lots of wires....some kind of sticky gel...

...right in the middle of my forehead above my eyes...on each side of my eyes, chest, on each leg....then she started poking around in my hair....so...yes...about three globs of goo and probes on top of my head and on the back, and on the sides...I wasn't happy about it....but there I was...

...plugged all this in to a box, did a system check and I laid back and opened my book...with only a table lamp..(some piece of wood that looked like Jeannie's bottle and a burlap shade...very dark...

..gave up on the book after one paragraph, emptied my mind by envisioning the wind and surf on the beach at Waikiki, and passed out.

Awoke to a dark room, ....she had snuck in and turned off the lamp....and lay there watching dark swirls in the dark....no TV, no radio, no light....no computer...no clock....

so I spent the night, between wakefulness and passing out...

finally 430 am. I was scheduled for 9pm to 5am. She opened the door and seeing I was awake, asked if I needed anything..."yes. the bathroom"..so she unhooked me....

hooked back up, waited for the final thirty minutes..and then, lights up, and removed the probes.

...I asked."well, how did I do?..did I snore?"....and she said.."oh yeah, and that she would probably see me again as I had had several 'events'...an event being defined as I had stopped breathing.....

.and those blobs in my hair were ...solidified. like chewing gum, if you've ever gone to sleep with gum in your mouth and woke up to the mystery of the missing gum....and then a trendsetting 'chunky' haircut from cutting it out of your hair.....

had to complete a survey of my 'experience'....and went home....

Received a phone call from Sleep Link, the place where I had my Sleep Study done last month.

They were ready do Part 2. ..o.o

Sleep Link called to verify my appt and I said "Oh, yeah, I'll be there, and I am getting in LOT's of practice for you. (I have been complaining about being Rip Van Winkle for the past 3 month.)

I had had several 'events' (stopped breathing in my sleep) and now I was going to do a repeat performance, only,  added to all those sticky probes, I was going to be attached to a CPAP machine.

After gleefully..,carefully attaching all those probes to my body hair... :-\....I was taken to a room and there it was, a CPAP machine, the beginning of my nightmare.

I advised her that I had been put on water pills....."Oh great"....

She got me all plugged into this box with a bazillion wires, and then had these velcro head straps and then had me lay my head in them and then came this black triangle....the mask.

She strapped it on ...good and tight... >:(   The bottom was under my nose and trying to cut off my top lip, while numbing my top teeth.

Motioned for her to unplug me....had to go pee.

Plugged back in, and I was telling her that it hurt, must be too tight. She tightened it again, exactly as before .. ::)   and turned on the air. WTF??....I felt like an astronaut in training with my mouth full of air and cheeks puffed out.

She said, "breathe out of your nose"....which would have been a good idea, except my sinuses had closed up with the blast of hair and my eardrums felt like I had a severe head cold and had blown my nose....real hard.

Unable to talk, I'm lying there shaking my head and she undoes the mask so I can speak...."GASP"...my sinuses are stopped up.....if there is an air control, 1-10, put it on 1....she turned it down to 6.. >:(

Turns out the light and I'm lying there with air bursting out any place it can find to whistle out of...which stopped if I closed my mouth, but my nose was stopped up....

Finally, I felt the pressure go down (she had a control from her observation desk) and my sinuses drained enough to open and I could breath through my nose. But, I couldn't go to sleep because of the PAIN. The pressure on my top lip became unbearable, and the pressure from the triangle around my nose appeared to be increasing by the nanosecond.....

I felt like Scorpius on 'Far Scape'

3 hours later she came in just as I was about to scream and rip it off, and removed it and had a FACE mask....o.0   

Had to go pee again.

The Face mask was a little better, except for the pressure on my lower jaw. .(I got over it)

I lay there in the dark, with my eyes closed, trying to empty my mind, while trying to focus on breathing out of my nose. Too much air. I could get it up my nose, but the pressure made it pfffhhwww out my lips.

She must have turned it down as suddenly I could breath. After about 3 hours, she came in and gave the remote to the TV.

I had to go pee again....I did tell her that I had lost 12 pounds in the last 7 days.

I lay there, on my back with two flat pillows, and all this plastic over the front of my face. All I could see was the ceiling.... so I listened to TV.

MUST have got to sleep as suddenly I was jerking awake and my nose was stopped up, my eardrums were trying to come out of my ears and this thing on my face was whistling and air was escaping like a pressure cooker, and I was ..wet??...

She came running in and unhooked it and apparently I had finally reached REM and had an Apnea episode and woke up......she had turned up the air when the apnea occurred to ..correct it?...

Instead it had blocked my sinuses..the wetness was from the humidifier....I only had 45 minutes before release.

Went pee again.

She hooked me back up.

I lay there for 45 minutes with my sinuses blocked and air filling my mouth and puffing out my cheeks.

"Did you get any rest?"....."

"Are you kidding?....not only are my dreams trying to kill me, now there's a machine to help"

I stopped at 'Happy Donuts' and bought 3 maple donuts and a sausage/egg burrito and ATE it ALL before I got home.

Some obscure Dr mentioned that I could put bricks under the head of the bed and sleeping at an incline would help...and ....it has.

My nephew smokes, but on the front porch, which I smell the ashtray every time I open the front door....

One night I smelled the most gosh awful smell and I thought something was on fire...I went outside and walked the perimeter...

I opened the oven....I walked and sniffed everywhere until I got to the doors to his room....I flung it open in a mini rage thinking he was smoking in the house...and not cigs....

It was the Vapor E Cig......I MADE him take it to the front porch....he was surprised as he couldn't smell anything and thought they were odorless....

I was in his face, tears streaming from my eyes, and my lungs shutting down,  letting him know they were not....

Since he couldn't use Vapor in the house he gave them up as they were more expensive than the money he was burning on smoking cigs.....

I have been seeing those ads for the mouth piece used for snoring and some said could be used for Apnea in place of the CPAP...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline wolfter

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 02:06:21 PM »
Looks like you'll need a taller garage.  I'd never manage to tool around in a such a large vehicle.  Hell, sometimes my Durango seems too large especially when visiting the damn city.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 06:15:01 PM »
Looks like you'll need a taller garage.  I'd never manage to tool around in a such a large vehicle.  Hell, sometimes my Durango seems too large especially when visiting the damn city.

It's one of those optical illusion things as I live on the top of a hill. The driveway is on a steady incline and the entire property is reliant on French drains ensuring the water runs off to the Trinity River which runs behind the property.

I've never been able to use the garage for anything but storage, except on summer when I was still driving the Ford Ranger and I cleaned out the garage and had it parked in there, just to see what it looked like....

That was for one hour on one day and no vehicle has ever been in there since....In my dream world, the garage would be removed and a drive thru put in swinging around to the back of the house and a garage built under the deck.....

The Transit comes in three sizes....there was a regular roof, medium roof and high roof.......mom swears we have the high roof,

.... but it is the medium roof which gives Katie headroom as she does have a large wheelchair. I was going to take pictures of the conversion on the day I took her out of the Nursing Home as one of the purposes of the van was to get her out of the nursing facility.

Amerigroup pulled the brake lever on her leaving by stating that they had to approve her dismissal IF she still wanted her status of Medicare and Medicaid.....

...Medicare is very limited on Home Health Care which is when Medicaid kicks in for the visiting nurse and supplies (diapers, chucks etc.) and her oxygen equipment from Breath of Life.....

Sure, she can leave the Nursing Home at any time, but if Amerigroup has not ok'd it,  she would be without Medicaid benefits.

This is DHHS/SocSecDisability/Dept of Aging and Disability in Texas approving her to come home, YET, when I packed up her room, a social worker showed up from Amerigroup stating NO, SHE had to approve her leaving....

Then letters from Soc Sec from Virginia, Missouri, Pennsylvania, California......???? all stating they had to approve the her dismissal.....me screaming.."why are these offices from other states over-riding Texas Soc Sec whose office is just 7 minutes from my house in downtown Fort Worth??"

The Amerigroup rep stated that her office is in Fort Worth, but that any mailing or phone calls would show up as Virginia...."that's just the way it is."

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:28 PM »
...on cleaning the bathroom....

I was innocently sitting in the living room on the computer and I heard a whhooossh..
I thought that Daniel might have left a little fan turned on he uses at night..the humming helps him sleep...

I got up and headed down the hall I noticed a waterfall coming from the hall bathroom. The connector hose had broken...not come off...not unscrewed itself...but broke.....

I grabbed it and it came alive with a very strong burst of water...(no wonder it broke) and the water was going everywhere as I maneuvered to turn the water off....

I finally got it off, but I was soaked and so was the bathroom...

*hangs head in shame*  I admit that I haven't been doing a spectacular job of cleaning and it really needed it.....it is now all shiny and clean....

Plumber arrived 1 hour later.....his last name was Gordon.....I cracked up because the side of his van had a logo in red and blue and a lightning bolt in the middle...and the words.. 'Flush Gordon' ...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline wolfter

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 12:10:13 AM »
Plumbing issues suck!!!!!  A couple of weeks ago, I was in the shower and suddenly lost all water.  Being on a well and having a pressure tank, I assumed it was a breaker.  Even replaced the breaker.  Had a dumb ass supposed plumber buddy (I do appreciate him taking a look) stop over who said that pump went bad.  Pulled the damn thing and replaced it.  Still nothing.  Replaced the pressure tank and still nothing.  Pulled the pump again and had it laying on the ground.

Wasn't even sure how to procede but since I had to have the HVAC guy there to fix my central air, I dismissed it for a while.  As he was wrapping up my $700 repair job, he happened to notice one of the voltage wire had a break.  Really?  After $500 in plumbing parts it was a simple splice.

2 days later, I needed something from under the master bathroom sink and discovered it soaked.  I guess the returning pressure ruined something but I don't know of yet as I simply shut the water off to that sink for now.  I've had enough....lol  first time ever that I'm grateful for having his and his sinks. 

Offline rondrond

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 01:13:13 PM »
Plumbing issues suck!!!!! 

AMEN....

Plumbing issues suck!!!!!  A couple of weeks ago, I was in the shower and suddenly lost all water.  Being on a well and having a pressure tank, I assumed it was a breaker.  Even replaced the breaker.  Had a dumb ass supposed plumber buddy (I do appreciate him taking a look) stop over who said that pump went bad.  Pulled the damn thing and replaced it.  Still nothing.  Replaced the pressure tank and still nothing.  Pulled the pump again and had it laying on the ground.

Do you have the capability to connect to city water or have a handpump so you're not completely out of water?

We have a well but the pump is not working and so we have a little house over it to keep neighbor kids from falling in it....

We are on city water also, and only used the well for the pool and watering the yard....

...still have to to fight the city every now and then as Fort Worth has an aggressive policy to capping all existing wells.

There is also a lot of fracking going on around the river bank and I got concerned as two lots over the house burned down and someone finally bought the lot but I haven't seen any construction going on and it's been months....

..but there is some activity going on in the back of the lot which I cannot see and they have put up a fence....

Worried about my underground spring and maybe my well going dry....I drop a pebble now and then....so far I still get a ...'ker-plunk'

2 days later, I needed something from under the master bathroom sink and discovered it soaked.  I guess the returning pressure ruined something but I don't know of yet as I simply shut the water off to that sink for now.  I've had enough....lol  first time ever that I'm grateful for having his and his sinks. 

Papa owned a night club and motel down the road and it was on well water which he was the one who taught me to stand up for your well as they were always trying to have it capped. He also was on city water and could change between them if the pump went out as he ahd to have water for the businesses.

There was a problem in the change overs as the city water had far greater water pressure than the well and sometimes people would come running out of their rooms with a fountain of water coming out the door....

...the kids loved it....as there was no pool at the motel...

Do you have His and His towels hanging by those sinks?

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline wolfter

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 08:38:17 AM »
Most around here are on city water.  It makes no financial sense to me though.  $600 per year when there is perfectly fine water beneath me doesn't add up.  I had my water tested when I purchased this place and the final results were 7.1 on the PH scale.  7 being optimal.

And most people that I know still buy water as the city water is horrible.  It smells like chlorine and has an odd odor.

Offline bubba53

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 09:30:16 AM »
We only have well water also,
tastes good , smells good , tests good , must be good !
only problem is when the power goes out , no pump and no water.
The worst problem with that is the toilets won't flush.

We had a generator installed to the breaker box this past spring,
and hooked up to natural gas.
So even if we have another shit show this winter we're ready !

"Who put the pepper in the....Vaseline  ? " Coffee Butler

Offline rondrond

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 12:43:49 AM »
We only have well water also,
tastes good , smells good , tests good , must be good !
only problem is when the power goes out , no pump and no water.
The worst problem with that is the toilets won't flush.

I drank Artesian Well water until I was 16 when we moved from Waco to Fort Worth.

Anytime my maternal grandparents would move, first on the list was to dig a well.....

I did have a time of it with the mineral stains for the longest time as I would say I had brushed my teeth before bedtime when I hadn't.....

Paid for it for years at school with everyone accusing me of smoking, which I never did.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 01:00:42 AM »
....went to the Pulmonogist on Wednesday.

Met Dr F.....he's real nice and he is going to be as aggressive as Dr G ....

Already scheduling me for a new Sleep Study, a PFT test....in a body box....which I had never even heard of..and has already ordered the CPAP Machine...

http://www.pftdiagnostics.com/body_box/overview.html

It reminds me of the Jetson's....

...and I have a new pill..Singulair

Got home and after a power nap, was watering the yard and a young man was going door to door with a clipboard.....

At first, I thought he was with Jehovah's Witness, but he had on shorts and a light blue polo style shirt....

I tried to look like I was diligently watering and I heard a voice behind me

"Excuse me, sir?"

So I sighed and asked what he was selling....he worked for Direct Tv......

At first I was giving him a hard time, but I had already been doing research on Direct Tv as Charter Cable has gone up in pricing almost double and the service has gone down just as much.

So I gave him a break and got the skinny on everything I had not been able to get answered in trying to read all the fine print online....

So....I now have Direct Tv at half the price I was paying for Charter.

*standing in line at Charter with a bag full of two boxes and an old internet modem from 5 years ago when Katie and I had separate internet accounts*

"Next...oh...are you upgrading?"   

"No, I'm CAncelling"

I have been wanting to say that every year they raised the price...just a little bit more...

..it felt great.

"Who are you going with? How much are they charging you?" she demanded.

"None. of. your. business."  tra-lala-lala....

I am finally out from under Charters thumb.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2015 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.