POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2015, 12:11:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 25519
  • Latest: Niko888
Stats
  • Total Posts: 665285
  • Total Topics: 51165
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: So now...  (Read 923 times)

Offline BT65

So now...
« on: May 06, 2015, 07:55:19 AM »
I'm in the hospital.  Not for bone issues.  My hemoglobin was dangerously love so they admitted me. When the ambulance picked me up, my blood pressure was 70/30.    We got to the ER and they gave me fluids which brought my blood pressure up.  But when they did labs, it showed my hemoglobin at 6. I guess it's supposed to be 11. 

So they admitted me, gave my 2 bags of blood, one of magnesium and potassium pills.  They're trying to figure out where it's going internally.  Yesterday they did an endoscopy and hopefully I will get the results today.  Keep your fingers crossed. I'm hoping to be discharged soon.   I will keep you guys updated. 

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline bubba53

Re: So now...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 08:36:03 AM »
Hi Betty,
I will keep everything crossed for you !
You must have been exhausted and weak with your levels being that low.
Good luck and get Well !
Wade
"Who put the pepper in the....Vaseline  ? " Coffee Butler

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 09:30:20 AM »
Oh Betty.  You've dealt with so much and now this!!!  Certainly am sending you the best energy I can.  Huge ole hugs dear.
Complacency is the enemy.  ;)  Challenge yourself daily for maximum  return on investment.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:40:15 PM »
Loved chatting with you last night Betty. Had I known you were in the hospital I would have waited but your spirits seemed high and we had a few good laughs.

Hope they were able to figure out what the problem is. Ugh!

:-*
32 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Offline BT65

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 06:23:01 AM »
Thanks guys.  I feel better, but get tired pretty easy.  My hemoglobin wasn't totally up to normal when I left the hospital. However, I got my iron pills and mega dose B12 prescriptions so hopefully that will kick in soon. 

I have a find a new primary care doctor and infectious disease doctor because my doctor dumped me.  It's too long to get into now, but when I have more time I will.  I need to find doctors soon so the situation with my hemoglobin can be monitored.  Wish me luck.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 57 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 02:05:57 PM »
Hey Betty,

I'm glad you're out of the hosptal, I hope your hemoglobin stays at safe levels.

Sorry to hear about the doctor issue. I am sending lots of healing and peaceful energy to you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »
Thanks guys.  I feel better, but get tired pretty easy.  My hemoglobin wasn't totally up to normal when I left the hospital. However, I got my iron pills and mega dose B12 prescriptions so hopefully that will kick in soon. 

I have a find a new primary care doctor and infectious disease doctor because my doctor dumped me.  It's too long to get into now, but when I have more time I will.  I need to find doctors soon so the situation with my hemoglobin can be monitored.  Wish me luck.

Betty

Geez!! New docs to find on top of this? Grr....

Hope to hear better news soon!
32 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 07:57:24 PM »

Betty

ojo      Hi Betty, I'm glad you are back home...did the doctor find out what was wrong with you?...I did have autoimmune hemolitic anemia...my hemoglobine when down to 4.5 from 16, I even had a small heart attack, I knew something was wrong when I got so tired walking for just a minute, I spent 9 days in the ICU...I wonder wath was wrong with you...I hope you find a doctor soon.....hugs         ojo

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 09:07:28 AM »
Betty,

So sorry to hear you ended up having a stay in the hospital.  But with a hemoglobin of 6 you really did attention (and a transfusion -- I know this from my chemo days).  You must have felt exhausted!

Now you have to find a new doctor?  What a pain in the neck.  But maybe you will find a better one.  I do hope you continue to get good care.

Thinking of you...

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline BT65

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 05:50:27 AM »
Thanks guys.  I bought some vitamins and B12 since I had other deficiencies.  Right now I'm not only on iron, but also a megadose of vitamin B12.  And when I was in the hospital I had to get an IV of magnesium and these potassium pills.  So maybe the multivitamin will help keep those levels up.  I had thought multivitamins were a a waste of money, but maybe not.

Yesterday I went to the mechanics because I needed the front brakes fixed.  I had to borrow the money because I just don't have that kind of money laying around.  Well, I had been quoted $275-300 a couple months ago but since I waited, the final bill was $585.  That sucks.  And I have to get the money paid back by June 21.  Hopefully I can get back to work before that, dunno.  This hasn't been a very good last couple weeks.

Betty

Offline wolfter

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 07:28:34 AM »
Almost $600 for brakes?  How utterly awful!!!!  Even with new stainless steel rotors, new calipers and pads wouldn't even come close to that amount.  Someone took awful advantage of you.

Also, I always tested low on all my electrolytes, vitamins and minerals.  I've now been on a multi vitamin for a few years and they're all within range.  My doctor suggests a multi vitamin instead of individualized meds for each thing.

take care dear and give me a holler sometime this week. 
Complacency is the enemy.  ;)  Challenge yourself daily for maximum  return on investment.

Offline BT65

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 06:27:13 AM »
Well, I had to have my brakes fixed because Tuesday I'll be putting over 100 miles on my car to go to this training.  And they were bad, trust me.  I hated just driving a couple miles to the gas station.

So anyway, yesterday I went to get gas.  I put in my debit card and it was rejected.  I got into my car, looked at my account and it's $60 overdrawn.  Not good.  I should be able to take care of it next week sometime.  But then I will only have about $20 until I get paid from my one job the following Friday.  Anyway I had forgotten about a check that hadn't cleared.

I'm not asking for anything.  It's just going to be a sucky month coming up.  But, last night I listened to a girl who's homeless.  It made me grateful.  So, there's always someone who has it worse. 

Betty

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 07:53:12 PM »
Yeah...familiar with the sucky no money month. Had too many of them in college. Had a friend who was in a similar situation at the same school. During one of the worst months we scrounged together whatever spare change we could find and went to the local Wendy's. As long as you ordered something you could have as many saltine packs as you could stuff in your mouth. So we order a large fry, hooked up our veins to the ketchup dispenser and spent the next two hours clearing the place of anything edible that was a condiment and not nailed down...well, until the hammer tongs broke.

My suggestion would be tear out the back seat of your car. If you bought it used there may be tons of coins dropped back there. When I was a kid I use to raid my parents back seat for spending money. I was only seven at the time so even 10 cents went along way for me.

Actually scrounge out your home, car, back yard, your friends car back seats, local bar parking lots\s after they close. Can't tell you the number of tens and twenties I'd find strewn in the parking lot dropped by people who couldn't see their hand in front of their face much less the road they'd be driving on. Didn't matter to me, I wasn't on the road and their money was in the parking lot. Can work in supermarket parking lots too. Mostly change there though.

Best of luck from a scrounger...
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2015 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.