POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2015, 03:48:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 659526
  • Total Topics: 50577
  • Online Today: 209
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 136
Total: 137

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Taken With Food... (before, after?)  (Read 438 times)

Offline phenethylamine

Taken With Food... (before, after?)
« on: March 14, 2015, 04:33:09 PM »
First time posting!!

Just started on Complera this month...
I'm told it absorbs best with a full meal (400+ Calories).
I can't remember if that means taking it before, or after a meal?
Should the food already be there, and digesting when taken... or is it ok to take it on a completely empty stomach and then start eating? (what I have been doing).
For some reason I assumed "take the pill with food" meant "take the pill then take food".. but now I'm wondering if they mean "take on full stomach" which makes more sense in retrospect.

Thanks, and sorry if this a stupid question lol...

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Taken With Food... (before, after?)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »
If something says to take it WITH food then it doesn't mean before, it means WITH. Now if by before you mean a few minutes I'm sure that doesn't make a difference, but longer than that is going to begin to defeat the purpose. If you need to err in one direction I'd eat my meal then take the pill -- I'm assuming you are not wanting people you are eating with to see the pill?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline phenethylamine

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 05:43:48 PM »
Yeah, I'd rather keep it discreet in social situations, so I left out "during" and limited question to before/after. Writing this out, I'm realizing it's probably a mistake to take pill before diner... even if I start eating right after... it will probably still take me 1 or 2 hours to finish diner... then I often need a high calorie desert if family happened to make low calorie diner... so it probably takes me a total of 3 hours to meet the calorie requirements. I will try taking it afterwards. I'll report if side effects improve.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 05:48:11 PM »
Take it after you eat on a full stomach.

Now tell us where you live where people still sit down and eat for 1-2 hours! Bravo.

And where a 1-2 meal could still be less than 400 kcal. Double bravo!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline phenethylamine

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 09:54:17 PM »
Also, is there a timeframe on how fast I should eat?
Sometimes I worry that for example, If I eat 200 calories in one hour, and 200 calories the next hour, then take pill... the first 200calories are already digested out of my stomach into intestines... and it only counts as 200 at pill time. I'm having a hard time fitting the full 400 at once. Does this really matter, or am I way overthinking it? 

I feel like I'm obsessing over trying to get 400cal and the pill together in my stomach at the same time, but one is small, and the other is big, and the timing doesn't match lol
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:16:13 PM by phenethylamine »

Offline mecch

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 01:44:49 PM »
Would you care to share specifics of what constitutes a meal for you?
I'm having trouble picturing what is a 200kcal meal.
Also it remains a mystery why you cannot get 400kcal into your stomach at one sitting?
Is your stomach small?  Is this about your culture and what people eat?
1 cup of plain rice is 200 Kcal.
1 boiled egg is 78 calories.
1 tablespoon of oil is about 100 kcal. 
1 medium banana 100 kcal

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:46:55 PM by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »
Im curious too about your pseudo:  phenethylamine. 

Are you trying to tell us something?  I am wondering about anorexia... I know anorexics who use amphetamines and phenethylamines as part of the deal.  Obviously I know nothing about you, just throwing that out there, out of concern. No judgement.

Offline BKKKevin

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 10:20:02 PM »
10 Oreos is 400 calories...

Offline mecch

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 12:17:25 AM »
But is that a meal?  ::)

Perhaps we have a molly fan.  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2015 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.