Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

OMG - number 6 is on the way.......

(1/3) > >>

bocker3:
Yes, that is grandchild number 6 -- all from my one and only daughter.

OK -- some of you may remember that my daughter had a close call with #5 (Gabriel) a couple years ago.  He was very premature and it was touch and go.  She had a hard time and was in different hospital from the baby for a few days (no NICU where she delivered, so he was moved, but she couldn't be). 
Her doctor was clear that her body should not go through another pregnancy -- all of her children have been born via C-section and her insides are loaded with scar tissue.
So -- I am greeting this news with very mixed emotions.  I love all my grandkids, but I fear for what could happen here.  I don't want these kids to lose their mother and I certainly don't want to lose my only child.  So, I'm excited, scared and, frankly, pissed off -- all at the same time here.
Oh -- and she didn't even tell me -- I found out from a Facebook post!!! No doubt she is hoping that I will get over my initial "WTF moment" before we speak.  I suppose that is actually pretty smart of her -- though I'm sure that I would not have gone off on her.  I've always met each pregnancy with enthusiasm (even when I was worried over some of them).
Of course, what's done is done -- she is due in mid-Aug, which means she will probably deliver in July, she has had all of them early (hopefully no earlier).

Anyway -- needed to get this out before I speak with her.  My fear for her (and the baby's) safety is almost overwhelming me right now -- I simply can't shake this bad feeling.

Mike

mitch777:
Well, congratulations in advance. I hope for everyone's sake that your bad feeling is just that.

hugs,
m.

BT65:
Mike, I remember your daughter's last delivery and the trauma involved with that.  And I can also relate, having only one child, a daughter, myself. 

What I will say is, when my daughter makes a big decision, such as having another child, or whatever, I try to be as supportive as possible.  Luckily I have friends I can vent my frustration, concern, etc., to.  If I do it to her, I risk isolating.  Not that I'm perfect with this.  But it seems to work.

I understand your concern.  Vent here.

hope_for_a_cure:

--- Quote from: bocker3 on March 14, 2014, 07:07:14 PM ---Yes, that is grandchild number 6 -- all from my one and only daughter.

I found out from a Facebook post!!! No doubt she is hoping that I will get over my initial "WTF moment" before we speak. 

Anyway -- needed to get this out before I speak with her.  My fear for her (and the baby's) safety is almost overwhelming me right now -- I simply can't shake this bad feeling.

Mike

--- End quote ---

First off, a sincere congratulations.  Your concern for the safety of the baby and your daughter is certainly valid based on some of the issues that occurred when Gabriel was born. 

All we can do is hope for the best and I have a hunch your daughter will do her part to make this a better 'birthing' experience.  She remembers the trauma and I would feel certain its nothing she would want to repeat. 

In a few years, get them to take a (Brady Bunch) style photo with YOU and Sid sharing the center block! 

Ann:
((((((Mike)))))) I totally understand your trepidation and mixed emotions.

I'm wondering if total bed-rest in the final month(s) and a scheduled C-section might be in order. I hope everything goes well! I'm sure you'll keep us posted and you'll all be in my thoughts. Hang in there mate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version