Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

want to connect

(1/3) > >>

diya2014:
hi all,
Am new here and am HIV negative but concerned and generally interested in reading up on everything that i get about HIV. I have loads of questions and doubts to ask u all but i really dont know if this is the right forum or should i move in to some other forum ?
am a female,indian,30years old and a school teacher plus also a freelancer in a neighborhood newspaper.
hoping to connect with you all.
thank you and looking forward. :)

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: diya2014 on March 11, 2014, 10:32:50 AM ---hi all,
Am new here and am HIV negative but concerned and generally interested in reading up on everything that i get about HIV. I have loads of questions and doubts to ask u all but i really dont know if this is the right forum or should i move in to some other forum ?
am a female,indian,30years old and a school teacher plus also a freelancer in a neighborhood newspaper.
hoping to connect with you all.
thank you and looking forward. :)

--- End quote ---

If you have questions about HIV transmission or if you think you have had a risk you can ask your questions in AM I INFECTED . If you are here to learn about HIV there is a wealth of information on this site for you to read .

If there is a person in your life that has HIV the Someone one I care about forum is the place to post . We do not allow HIV negative people to post in any other areas of the forum than the ones I mentioned . Thanks .

diya2014:
Hi Jeff,
i do have a colleague and good friend of mine who is HIV positive(Thats one of the reasons i read up on HIV a lot,although i have always been concerned about this issue)Nobody except me and her mum know about it. She is a divorcee with a kid who is lucky not to get it,although she wasnt on ARTsduring delivery (she wasnt poz at that time)and exclusively breastfed.(thats when her hub gave her the HIV and they broke up. She knew it only aft she had breastfed for 8months. She is naturally verylean(cant blame it on HIV)But she has been getting some bad acne which is bothering her.Is it due to  HIV or jus stress?Also,her cd4 count is above 700 but she wants to start it early so that it never drops down-is that okay?or are the side effects not worth it when you are keeping good health??

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: diya2014 on March 11, 2014, 01:16:46 PM ---Hi Jeff,
i do have a colleague and good friend of mine who is HIV positive(Thats one of the reasons i read up on HIV a lot,although i have always been concerned about this issue)Nobody except me and her mum know about it. She is a divorcee with a kid who is lucky not to get it,although she wasnt on ARTsduring delivery (she wasnt poz at that time)and exclusively breastfed.(thats when her hub gave her the HIV and they broke up. She knew it only aft she had breastfed for 8months. She is naturally verylean(cant blame it on HIV)But she has been getting some bad acne which is bothering her.Is it due to  HIV or jus stress?Also,her cd4 count is above 700 but she wants to start it early so that it never drops down-is that okay?or are the side effects not worth it when you are keeping good health??

--- End quote ---

If she has access to meds is ready for the lifetime commitment of taking meds everyday then its her choice . Side effects vary from one individual to the next but if a person needs the meds then its important to take them faithfully and work with your doctor to pick the combo that is best for you .

Why not suggest she join the site so that she can get the support she needs from like minded people going through the same things .   

diya2014:
You are right and that makes sense But she has this hitch about opening up that she is HIV positive and talking about stuff.Maybe her inborn shyness plus the indian culture((There is more stigma in this part of the world,defenitely)Am amazed to see people in POZ absolutely comfortable in their skins and leading a very very normal and happy life.She needs to be in here.I shal try to convince her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version