POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 05:44:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 631907
  • Total Topics: 47841
  • Online Today: 231
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 179
Total: 179

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hope to get your thoughts. Please and Thank you  (Read 382 times)

Offline thanku4thepatience

Hope to get your thoughts. Please and Thank you
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:59:13 PM »
September 22nd I had an encounter where I had unprotected oral sex with a girl I met online. Two weeks later I had flu-like symptoms, the biggest thing was the lingering fatigue. I tested October 11th, negative for hiv but that was pre the window period.

The biggest question I had was when I had the flu my stool changed to a lighter color, not pale. But more dark yellow, and has been an issue since this flu.

In mid-November I had what seemed like food poisoning, I was feeling more normal after the flu (still strange bowel movements), but this was an episode of vomiting 20+ times and diarrhea. After this my stomach has been on and off, with no appetite to a mild one. I went to a GI doctor in December who tested Hep a,b,c and hiv again. I think it was December 15th. All was negative, just low Vitamin D.

I have had a colonoscopy, endoscopy which have only showed inflammation in my small intestine. I have an enteroscopy scheduled for about a month from today.

I have ended up losing 20 pounds during December, I have cold hands all the time, my nose bleeds more often, always more tired, white coating with red bumps on tongue (I know it probably is just from stomach issues), gingivitis, headaches, small amount of urine incontinence, stool comes out lighter still sometimes shredded and even when I try to eat the weight seems hard to stay on. 

So March and I am going crazy with worry, because I contacted the girl and she said she was clean but did have a yeast infection I didn't know if that could be a symptom of more. Also I started dating someone a month after the encounter and she had an incident of an ear infection that put her in the hospital. I was worried it could have been because of me.

I have taken 4 OraQuick swab tests between Feb. 27th - March 7, all negative. It has been 5 months.

Is this conclusive?

I took a full STD 8 Test Panel this week and I have to wait until next week for it, should that show anything different?

I just have been reading too much online stuff, and wanted to get a perspective from someone more sane than me right now.

Thank you for the patience.   

Offline RapidRod

Re: Hope to get your thoughts. Please and Thank you
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:15:17 PM »
You never had an HIV exposure from oral sex.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:32:07 PM »
I would agree with that I hope, but there was a black discharge from her and I know that it did get in my mouth, swallowed. That was the biggest worry I had.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 09:33:42 PM »
I would agree with that I hope, but there was a black discharge from her and I know that it did get in my mouth, swallowed. That was the biggest worry I had.
Not a concern for HIV.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I guess the flu 2 weeks after and other things that have followed have worried me. If you google anything you can find enough "false negatives". Now I have to wait, and also fix what is actually wrong with me.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.