POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640732
  • Total Topics: 48671
  • Online Today: 200
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 158
Total: 159

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Re: Feeling lost and confused  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Creative magic

Re: Feeling lost and confused
« on: April 07, 2014, 08:14:49 PM »
Hello I'm new to forum
My sister has been sick for sometime but always seemed to get better so we never really questioned it everyone gets sick now and again this past 6 months has been just a downward spiral she was admitted into the hospital for what we thought was a bacterial infection she had surgery to have her appendix remove and was sent home she seemed to be doing well in February she was back in the hospital supposedly for the same issue a bacterial infection this time not getting any better no getting any answers from anyone I finally got fed up and asked my brother n law what was going on he finally broke down crying and told me my sister had HIV I felt all kinds of emotions she's still in the hospital were now in April she's been diagnosed with PCNS  lymphoma talking to the dr found out my sis has been sick for over 4 years was giving the HIV Meds and never took them now she's in the hospital all her hair has fallen out she barely able to speak walk unable to use the bathroom on her own my heart breaks for her knowing how independent she was and to see her in this condition is so hard there's so much more in between finding out she has HIV now cancer all this in a matter of months 4 years back her son my nephew was murdered and I believe that was around the time she got her pos result....  And never told anyone just kept it inside

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 05:08:31 PM »
Hey Magic,

How incredibly awful. That had to hit like a dagger when your brother in law told you that. Did he say why she decided to not take the meds? Maybe because of the death of her son and wanting to expedite the process.  :-\ Does she have any other children, that should make her want to live more. 

I remember when I found out my father was diagnosed HIV actually he had AIDS, it was very hard watching him go like you said from someone you always knew to someone you just watch deteriorate. How old is she? Is she wanting to get better?

HIV can be managed, even certain cancers can be managed, but the person has to want to get better as well.

Best wishes to you and your family, seems like you all are going through a lot.

Heidi
Life is a BANQUET, and most poor suckers are starving to death!

~Auntie Mame

Offline Creative magic

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 11:38:13 PM »
Hi Heidi

No he never did tell us why but knowing my sister she is a very private person since I last posted we had another meeting with her dr and learned that she now has aids once she was admitted they started her on anti viral Meds and there also treating the cancer with chemo therapy she just had her second round of chemo the first round she had bad side effects everything dropped she had kidney issue amongst other things so they had to wait for the second round...

Right now she having issues with her sight  she's  unable to verbalize well she's not eating so there's really not much commutation except telling her how much we love her and to keep fighting yes she has 5 girls...

The drs are now asking my mom if she wants to continue with treatment or place her in home hospice and making her as comfortable as possible

This is so heartbreaking

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 10:02:16 AM »
Sorry it's been a while since I've been back to this forum. I know exactly how you feel. Reading your last post about moving her to be comfortable was also what happened with my dad.

I feel for you, it's good you are a support for her, and will be there for her girls.

Prayers and good thoughts to your family.

Heidi

~Auntie Mame

Offline Creative magic

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 02:13:10 AM »
Hi Heidi

Thanks for your prayers, my sister has lost her battle and passed away April 15
I'm really in a hard place right now trying to come to terms with all of this trying to be strong for her girls and myself but it's so hard some days I just want to ball up under the covers and never come out that's how hard it is but I know that's impossible and that I need to figure out a way to start processing this lost...

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »
Oh Magic,

I'm so sorry, I hope that you are giving yourself time to grieve and breath, trying to help out in terms of other family members we have a tendancy to forget about ourselves.

It was hard for me too, especially becoming the family rock regarding taking care of my mom. I'm sure it's more hard dealing with her girls and their grief too.

((((HUGS))))

~Auntie Mame

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.