Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems

Abdominal lipodystrophy

<< < (2/6) > >>

antobelli:
Ann, diet and exercise is recommended as a part of lipodystrophy treatment, may not work for everyone, but worked for me. And YES was that simple to change my diet and exercise hard, and after 5 months I saw a huge improvement. My lipodystrophy was caused by HIV meds.

PS: if you don't like or don't care about dieting and exercising that's another story

Antobelli     

Miss Philicia:
Then it's quite likely you were mis-diagnosed (or self-diagnosed) and you only gained weight, which is not the same as lipodystrophy which involves permanent alteration of mitochondria on the cellular level resulting in visceral fat in the abdomen, not typical fat accumulation on top of the abdomen which, yes of course can be eliminated by diet and exercise just like for any HIV- person. Unfortunately many patients and (probably) some doctors confuse the two.

You've only been HIV+ since 2000. When did you go on HIV meds and which ones were you on when you first started treatment and which meds specifically are you connecting with you case of lipo?

antobelli:
Miss Philicia, I'm not arguing with you, Ann, or wolfie about lipo. It's true that is hard to get rid of the fat accumulation caused by HIV meds, most of the time have to be remove by surgery.
 I was having the same look like Tamika was referring to, abdominal bloating and on the right side of the abdomen I had a huge fat lump. Diet and exercise helped me improve my look. And I said that I still have small lump of fat on my right side of the abdomen.
I do not see nothing wrong by saying that diet and exercise helped me.
Meds: 2000-2003 combivir, viread, and sustiva; 2003-2013 Invirase, viread, epivir, norvir; 2013 to present stribild.

I'm not arguing or trying to be disrespectful, just saying my opinion.
Antobelli

wolfter:

--- Quote from: antobelli on February 22, 2014, 10:13:11 PM ---Miss Philicia, I'm not arguing with you, Ann, or wolfie about lipo.

--- End quote ---

I didn't even realize I was in an argument, but thanks for pointing it out. 

--- Quote from: antobelli on February 21, 2014, 09:23:41 PM ---PS: if you don't like or don't care about dieting and exercising that's another story

Antobelli     

--- End quote ---

passive/aggressive much? 

anyways, good luck with everything.  ;)

Jeff G:
I have just lost about 20 lbs and I look better for it and the result is some of the effects of lipo are not as noticeable . I have allot of fat that had accumulated on my back and shoulders and its still there but the weight I lost that was not lipo has helped some what in appearance only . Some people have lots of lipo and some not so much and normal weight gain or loss can accentuate it .

I think the fat in my ass ran away from home and now resides in the great north of my back and shoulders .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version