POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 09:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632711
  • Total Topics: 47928
  • Online Today: 288
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "Women can not control their libido."  (Read 651 times)

Online mitch777

• wish i were here
"Women can not control their libido."
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:26:24 PM »
The last time I checked it takes two to produce a child. "Uncle Sugar" ?
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/mike-huckabee-democrats-women-102519.html
31 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: "Women can not control their libido."
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:59:47 PM »
“Republicans don’t have a war on women. [We] have a war for women — for them to be empowered to be something other than victims of their gender.”

Denial isn't a just a river in Egypt.  Or is this ignorance?  Because how is a woman using birth control a victim? 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 03:37:59 AM »
Huckabee is a quack.  He's also a hypocrite-he signed law regarding insurance covering contraception a few years back.  I'd have to go onto facebook and find the link, but I read it last night. 

If "birth control" was made for people not being able to control their sex drive, men would have had it long, long ago.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Online Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 08:32:03 AM »
Huckabee is a quack.  He's also a hypocrite-he signed law regarding insurance covering contraception a few years back.  I'd have to go onto facebook and find the link, but I read it last night. 

If "birth control" was made for people not being able to control their sex drive, men would have had it long, long ago.

That's a good point . You know politicians don't get the real issue when its apparent that they will not affirm positive views on sexuality .

The accepted norm is sex between a man and a woman that is married and that really should not be discussed in any other way than to say sex should be between a married man and woman .

They claim that condoms in prison will encourage sex , They infer the condom is the motivator and ignore human nature .

You have to rabid antiabortion crowd and another horde that simply wants to impose their lofty values on the world and refuse to see the the damage that is done .

Offline Joe K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:12 PM »
All I can offer to Mr. Huckabee is:

"Tis better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Joe

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:46:42 PM »

That's a really good point. It's tiring that news media goes with the flow of the "for" or "against" "outrage" over such provocative public discourse, by politicians, words that are SO divorced from politicians' voting records, and are just "playing politics" and playing to the media...
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Online mitch777

• wish i were here
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 04:03:06 PM »

I think this is the link you were referring to Betty. (ignore the video)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/24/mike-huckabee-birth-control_n_4659975.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037
31 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »
In one off the links I read that this Man is about to a visiting Fellow at Harvard .

Is there also a Postal/internet degree institution also called Harvard ?

I am all for further education inviting the broadest spectrum to educate its students but surely wether form right, center or left they should demonstate basic intelligence. I really do not understand how any education centre would touch this bigot with a barge pole.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 05:35:52 PM »
Yes Mitch, that's the one.  Thanks for finding it. 

I am all for further education inviting the broadest spectrum to educate its students but surely wether form right, center or left they should demonstate basic intelligence. I really do not understand how any education centre would touch this bigot with a barge pole.

Lord, please don't tell me that's true.  I can't imagine what he would teach at Harvard other than creationism and what a woman's job is.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.