HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Need help

(1/4) > >>

bob_sam:
Hi,

I kissed a stripper on Jan-20 in MI US.
(That was my last day in US and I moved back to India)
I had bleeding gums, thats why I was worried abt contracting HIV.

Within 2 months of the exposure i had diarrhea for a day .It stopped without having any medication.

I had tested negative after 23 Weeks, but this didnt relieve me. They used tridot method.

I had done western blot after 25 weeks (173 days from the day of incident). It came negative.

As the results of Western Blot took almost a week, I got tensed and ended up doing  Elisa in the next week (177 days after the incident). All the tests were negative, is this period good enough I have read that window period can go upto 6 months.

GMHC says the window period is 3 months and CDC says it is 6 months.So iam not sure about the exact window period.I have done the test after 25 weeks ( 173rd & 177th day).Is this good enough? Does 6 months mean exactly 180 days ? Can 4-5 days make any difference?

Please help me clear my doubts!!! Do I need more tests?

I know I sound stupid for you ppl, but I'm concerned. I keep testing my groin all the time, I noticed a small lump in the right side .
I'm planning to get married thats why I'm asking these things. This is the only incident that I was involved in.

Thanks,
Bob

Ann:
Bob,

Forget about window periods, you never had a risk in the first place. Kissing, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it INCLUDING bleeding gums, is NOT a risk for hiv infection. No way, no how. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to latch on to the specific cells it targets for infection. Kissing is NOT a risk.

You absolutely, conclusively hiv negative. The window period is three months and you have tested well beyond that over a no risk kiss. You do NOT have hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread and follow the link to the Transmission Lesson found there so you can bring yourself up to speed on what actually is a risk for hiv transmission. Kissing is NOT.

Ann

bob_sam:
Ann,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I never bothered about what I did until I saw an article in which they said Kissing can be risky. Then I typed in google "symptoms of HIV" and then correlated everything to what I had. This I did after 5 months from the event, if at all I have done the same after 1 or 2 months probably I would have lost a lot of weight because of many sleepless nights.

Can I go ahead with my marriage plans, I can tell you for sure that this is only incident I was involved and just for one reason " I was going back to India" and my friends took me to a strip club without telling me the dos and donts.

Thanks,
Bob

Andy Velez:
As Ann has told you, you were never at risk for HIV from kissing to begin with. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story. No kidding.

This is all about anxiety and guilt and your fears have no basis whatsoever in HIV science.

Stop searching the net for more (mis)information to feed your worst fears. You can proceed with your marriage plans without any further concerns about this issue.

Cheers,

bob_sam:
Thanks Ann & Andy.

One final question, I'm an epileptic, I take Tegretol (600mg/Day). Does this drug has any influence on the window period.

I have been on this drug for almost 16 yrs, convulsions are under control now, in my next visit my Doc would take a decision on reducing the dosage.

Thanks,
Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version