Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

enlightenment

(1/2) > >>

em:
enlightenment

has happened to me a few times most of the time, barely  noticeable and fleeting

this time in weird dream, about people ascending or changing into plants of all things 

what does this have to do with HIV? religion has no place in this illness ????

sorry just wanted to share my good moment

bad moments are plentiful.

for some of the people who are new to hiv 25 years ago I was very ill found myself in a psych word. ( HIV or not was bound to happen) I told the compassionate understanding considerate orderly ( the guy who wanted more then anything to tie me up and lock me away ) the nurse from one flew over the COCO's nest ( if you are young I strongly advice seeing )

Anyway I told him My Tcells were gone viral load did not exist yet
I explained my situation. He calmly asked if I had life insurance ?

I said yes ( even though I did not, I just said yes cause I was tired of thinking negative)

He said you should sell your life insurance ?

( in other words you goin to die ? )

HAHA I have probably out lived him . well anyway that was like I had said 25 years ago well I probably already posted this but a rewrite might be in order something a bit more up lifting.

enlightenment like  (zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance )

some things are nearly impossible to quantify

difficult to define and measure like degrees of happiness or pain

thank you

EM

em:
enlightenment

has happened to me a few times most of the time, barely  noticeable and fleeting

this time in weird dream, about people ascending or changing into plants of all things 

what does this have to do with HIV? religion has no place in this illness ????

sorry just wanted to share my good moment

bad moments are plentiful.

for some of the people who are new to hiv 25 years ago I was very ill found myself in a psych word. ( HIV or not was bound to happen) I told the compassionate understanding considerate orderly ( the guy who wanted more then anything to tie me up and lock me away ) the nurse from one flew over the COCO's nest ( if you are young I strongly advice seeing )

Anyway I told him My Tcells were gone viral load did not exist yet
I explained my situation. He calmly asked if I had life insurance ?

I said yes ( even though I did not, I just said yes cause I was tired of thinking negative)

He said you should sell your life insurance ?

( in other words you goin to die ? )

HAHA I have probably out lived him . well anyway that was like I had said 25 years ago well I probably already posted this but a rewrite might be in order something a bit more up lifting.

enlightenment like  (zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance )

some things are nearly impossible to quantify

difficult to define and measure like degrees of happiness or pain

thank you

EM

Theyer:
Em ,

Reading your post bought to mind " The Battersea Park Road To Enlightenment " by Isabel Losada . I bought coz Batt, Park is in my area usually I run from such books but Ms Losada has a hign London -ish antenna for BS.

Do you know it ?

m

em:
 enlightenment to me is just feeling good, excepting life as it is and not being down

just my own spin on it. I am sure other people will say being enlightened is nirvana with a very long drown out journey down the eight way path and a whole lot of other stuff added in for good measure. just trying not so much to find short cuts but trying to describe feeling well happy and in a good mood.

I will look up that book and see if it is like other self help books. Or if like other books on the subject long haired hippy stuff or theoretical thesis on the benign

Sorry a bit down right now will try later to be more upbeat

thank you

EM   

Theyer:
No need to apologize , I liked it coz it was hard to categorize and she is a natural born optimist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version