HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Hepatitis c question

(1/1)

KindaWorried:
I was with a old friend the other night who has had hepatitis c.She has had it for the last 5 years.I danced with her and all night she was like all over me hugging me etc.I am not to educated in the disease itself too well but know its transmited by blood so i thought.

I figured dancing was no harm and hugging etc.We started to dance when she bit me on the kneck.Not hard like a pinch pull wit h her teeth as soon as she did that i paniced and ran to the restroom where i noticed she left a sore red bump on my kneck.I didnt notice any blood coming out of the bite mark so im not sure to worry or not.

Could she have infected me if theres a microscopic cut i cant see.I wasnt to worried becuase i figured u cant get it from saliva but online it says that bits of blood in a persons mouth from toothbrushing etc can infect from a bite.

I yelled at her and she assured me she wouldnt do anything to hurt me and that i couldnt be infected like that.

What else worrys me is she had a zit that was like popped like acne sore on her face and she was putting her head next to my neck where she bit me.Im scared i dont want to be infected.I just wanted her to have a good time i was being a good person now im scared.

i dont know where to turn and i was wondering if you guys can help me.

i just need to know if this is anything to run to my doctors for.I put some neosporin a few hours later on it.

Ann:
Kinda,

You were not at risk for hep C in anything you bring to us. You were also not at risk for hiv in anything you bring to us. No risk.

Ann

KindaWorried:
Are you sure cuz i read that hep c is active in saliva especially if theres blood present.

Im scared

Ann:
Kinda,

You read wrong. Hep C is NOT active in saliva. Saliva is not infectious for hep C nor for hiv. Hep C is absolutely NOT transmitted through kissing, nor is hiv. I've been hep C positive for over twenty years and kissed a lot of people in that time and none of them ever became infected. Hep C is NOT transmitted through casual contact and kissing is considered casual contact, so is the zit thing you bring up.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, and do not  share street drug injecting equipment and you will avoid both hep C and hiv transmission.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv or hep C by any stretch of the imagination. No risk.

Ann

KindaWorried:
Thank you i just needed someone to explain it to me becuase alot of websites are so misleading.

Ann your great and knowing you have hepc and hiv and are able to help others makes you a strong person.I will take your advice knowing you have experience on both ends thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version