Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

How to Survive a Plague..and why watching it was a bad thing (maybe)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Theyer:
Marco how are you?

MarcoPoz:
I'm MUCH better now, knowing you are out of hospital--AND using the word 'fuck'! ;-)

Theyer:

--- Quote from: MarcoPoz on January 23, 2014, 08:46:10 AM ---I'm MUCH better now, knowing you are out of hospital--AND using the word 'fuck'! ;-)

--- End quote ---

I blush but for you dear Marco I will go the extra mile . And I had no doubt that you would find a way off proceeding .
It,s all training .

m

AlanBama:
Hey Marco,

I had much the same reaction as you to the film; I have not been able to express my feelings about it nearly as eloquently as you....and excellent use of the F word, by the way, and never, in my opinion, more appropriate.  What else can you say?  FUCK

During my "sick years", as I refer to most of the 90's, life was so weird.  Thinking you might die any week....doctor visits so often, it was not unusual for me to go every day during a 5 day week....transfusions, pentamadine treatments, molluscum removal surgeries one after another, on and on.....and in and out of the hospital so much, it was basically my home.  I took that damn AZT every 4 hours, like clockwork, and it just about killed me.   I am so damaged (as many of us are) from those early drugs and treatments, that even if I was "cured" of AIDS tomorrow, I would never be really 'well' again.  Watching the film brought it all home, made me think of all those ugly things that I have built brick walls around in my mind....a mind that is so wacked from so many years of anti-depressants, it's a wonder I can have a rational thought.

Knowing there are others who share our experiences and feelings helps; Right now I'm trying to get through Dr. Michael Saag's book Positive, and it has stirred up much the same feelings as "How to Survive a Plague".  I have just about come to the conclusion that I do better if I don't look back, but just keep on TRYING to move forward.   I have ALWAYS been a person to look back and to remember....the past has always been very much with me.   But if I could wipe out the 90's from my memory, it really wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.

Thanks for letting me ramble on.    HUGS to all my fellow LTSers,

Alan

Lis:
I made the mistake of watching the the dallas distrbuters club I cryed for 2 days... FUCK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version