HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Need your expert opinion

(1/5) > >>

oceanblue:
Hi,

Had a massage parlour incident, where i received the standard happy ending massage, however, half way through I am concerned her vagina came into contact with my penis head for approx 2 seconds.  I was erect and there was massage oil being used.

My concern lies in the feasibility of her fluids having access to my mucous membranes inside the penis head.  In order for transmission to occur, how much fluid generally would need to have access to this area. I realise the viral load will have a bearing on this.  What got me most concerned was that she complained of being vioently ill 2 months prior( I was concerned of a recent infection) increasing the probability and she also claimed chronic fatigue( i didn't ask if she had tested for hiv)  Would 2 seconds be not enough time for the virus to infect. i.e. if the virus couldn't make its way into the membrane, would it die almost instantaneously.

I had a chronic bronchial cough prior to this event, which continued post event. However, my glands in my neck have been tender and up and still are, marginally.  Does this sound like the effects of the chronic cough i had.  No other glands are swollen, although i had a case of stubborn candida, which the doctor said, was most probably due to a dry mouth creating an opportunistic environment for the bug.

My question is 2 fold. 

1)Would you even recommend i get tested for such an exposure. (I know i am overeacting)
2)Has there ever been a documented case for such a brief heterosexual exposure(2-5 seconds) In saying that my penis probably only touched her vagina at the opening. (I realise this area is relatively uninfectious)

I am a circumcised, otherwise very healthy male.

Yours thoughts are appreciated.  Keep up the great work.

Aussie dude

Andy Velez:
Aussie, you can relax about this one as far as HIV is concerned. This was essentially a masturbatory situation no matter what the specifics were of your particular incident. From what you have reported there was no penetration but only some touching including of the vagina. That is not a risk for HIV transmission.

As far as your symptoms are concerned, leave your lymph nodes alone! No kidding. Touching, squeezing and otherwise bothering them can create a problem where none exists. If they continue to bother you or you have any other symptoms then discuss them with your doctor.

In general if you're sexually active we recommend regular testing with a full STD panel -- at least annually and every six months is even better. Other STDs are much easier to catch than HIV.

This time out I don't see any cause for concern.

Cheers,

oceanblue:
Andy,

Thanks for your words of wisdom. Just out of curiosity, does the penile head have to penetrate the vagina for potential infection to occur.  How far into the urethra do vaginal fluids have to travel down the head. 

I am presuming this means i shouldn't bother testing.  Now i can get on with changing the world for the better.

Cheers!

Ann:
Ocean,

Hiv is s fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Your penis brushing up against a vagine does not qualify as intercourse. It is closer in nature to frottage, where the genitals are actually rubbed against each other. Frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection either.

While you don't need to test over this specific no-risk incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Use condoms for intercourse and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

oceanblue:
Once again, stressed out of my mind, i resorted to an erotic massage.

My concern lies in the fact, the girl who massaged me had her vagina resting on my abdomen, and seemed to have abraded my skin from her course public hair and aggravated a day old previous healing sore. The sore I later realised was slightly bleeding(superficial) - i think epidermal layer, and looked almost glazed. 

My question is, should I be concerned her fluids, came into contact with this sore.  It this even close to a viable transmission route.  Is the skin around the abdomen, thick enough not to allow fluids to find its way into the blood stream, in the context of the superficial wound which was only about 1cm in circumference.  Would the surrounding air kill the virus, even if she was laying on top of me and creating an air tight seal.(OR IS AIR ALWAYS present)

I started sweating, after 6 days,(may be humidity or underlying stress) - DIDN'T WANT TO WORRY AGAIN.

I know there has never been a documented case such as this, but your expertise in allaying my fears would be greatly appreciated.  Is it true that vaginal secretions close the opening are "relatively uninfectious" - does this mean you would need to have a substantial amount of fluids for a high enough titer of virus?

Stay well:)  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version