POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 12:33:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23350
  • Latest: Smasher
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636697
  • Total Topics: 48324
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How to get hiv meds in thailand  (Read 1125 times)

Offline soccerboy85

How to get hiv meds in thailand
« on: December 22, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »
I am traveling to Thailand soon and want to buy a couple years worth of meds. Just wondering how you go about this or what it all entails. Also wondering if generic tivicay is available there yet. Thanks!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: How to get hiv meds in thailand
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:09:33 PM »
I am traveling to Thailand soon and want to buy a couple years worth of meds. Just wondering how you go about this or what it all entails. Also wondering if generic tivicay is available there yet. Thanks!

You can buy meds at the anonymous clinic but you might very well have trouble buying a years worth and even more trouble if you plan on taking them out of the country .

I'm not saying this with certainty, its just an educated guess .

Offline soccerboy85

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
Assuming my luggage doesn't get checked very thoroughly :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:45:13 PM »
Assuming my luggage doesn't get checked very thoroughly :)

I'm hoping you get meds if you need them for personal use but you really wouldn't want to get caught in a foreign country with more meds than the law allows but I'm sure you know this already . 

Offline St Ives

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:49:28 AM »
Ridiculous. Do you think the anonymous clinic is your own personal cash and carry?
1 months supply first visit. 30 days later, maybe, just maybe 2 months supply until they are happy you are not abusing their system.
The red cross is there to help the less fortunate who can not afford the costs of their meds from an expensive hospital, not for people who fly in and out just to save a few quid.
It makes my blood boil.
Nov 2011 cd4,12.vl750k - 138lbs      atripla
Feb 2013 cd4,78.(3%) vl<40  - 160lbs    atripla
May 2014 cd4, 127 (6%) vl<40 -157lbs     atripla

Offline soccerboy85

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »
Look I'm just wondering if it's possible to buy bulk generics in Thailand, for personal use. maybe it's not but I'm definitely not going to take anything from the red cross so relax.

Offline puuchai

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
The maximum you will get anywhere in Thailand is up to 6 months worth,and you will need to submit a prescription from an authorized doctor for each month you get,the pharmacy or Red Cross anonymous clinic will insist on keeping the prescription also,so that your not able to abuse the system.

Offline St Ives

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »
My ID doctor at Bumrungrad gives me a one year prescription. As Khun Puuchai says, Anonymous clinic will photocopy said script and keep original. They can give you 6 months worth when you become a regular patient. (After a couple of years or so).
Come to Thailand, enjoy the hospitality, get an emergency supply.....and relax. 8)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:48:45 PM by St Ives »
Nov 2011 cd4,12.vl750k - 138lbs      atripla
Feb 2013 cd4,78.(3%) vl<40  - 160lbs    atripla
May 2014 cd4, 127 (6%) vl<40 -157lbs     atripla

Offline joemutt

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 10:12:13 PM »
The Christmas Spirit! Depleting Thailand's health system.

Offline ratcat

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
lol.  A 4 month supply is the most that I have asked for, and that is from Bangkok Hospital.  I live here.  You could probably get a 10 year supply....in sub saharan Africa!!!! ;D     If i were you, I would go to a good private hospital (bumnumgrad or bkk), cunsult with the ID doc, explain what you want and go from there.  It's not expensive to buy meds from the private hospitals, and you wouldn't be depleting the supplies from the Red Cross.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:11:28 AM by ratcat »

Online xasxas

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »
I don't think buying meds from the Anonymous Clinic is depleting their supplies as to my knowledge they don't sell it below cost.  It's just cheaper because it's not a for profit organization (like the private hospitals) that marks up its drugs substantially.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with someone buying as much drugs as they need, particularly if its for their own use.  That said, I think the six month drug limit is a hard limit, so you probably can't buy more than that as a single individual.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.