Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

I just tested positive for HIV and hepatitis B

<< < (2/2)

poet:
I will offer that you might try to address each medical situation separately, at least in your mind.  Work with a medical professional, certainly, but think/talk through treatment for hiv and think/talk through treatment for hep B, one at a time, rather than being overwhelmed by all of this, the two, that is, at the same time.  Win

Eldon:
Hey Justfoundout,

I wish to extend to you a warm WELCOME here at the forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

We have a great group of Real people who will listen as well as answer you.

Talking to other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time as it is highly therapeutic.

In the interim,eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy and avoid processed foods, saturated and trans fats. This will also help you maintain a healthy weight.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Boo Radley:
I tested positive for HIV in late 1990 and had the great luck of contracting chronic Hepatitis B in November of 2001.  For the better part of 2002 and 2003 I slept 12 - 18 hours daily and had no energy at all.   

First, are you sure your Hep infection is chronic?  It takes at least 6 months and 2 to 3 blood draws to make the determination.  If your infection is chronic but your liver enzymes are OK (i.e., maybe a little above normal but not too high) then you can probably wait to treat the infection unless you are going to begin treating the HIV infection soon.

If you will be starting HAART soon it's important to include one ARV drug that is also effective against hepatitis.  In my case I began taking Trizivir, which contains 3TC, in October of 2004.  In January of this year my blood work showed hep antibodies for the first time and a hepatitis viral load came back undetectable.  In other words, the 3TC cured the hepatitis. 

I wish you the very best of luck!

Boo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version