Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Desperate for some help with my insurance

(1/2) > >>

hereinny:
I currently use Express Scripts.  The have been my prescription insurance carrier for 25 years.  When I began meds 4.5 years ago, they screwed the prescription up every singe month.  Billing was wrong, lost prescriptions, excessive wait times, etc.  Since starting meds, I have had to make over 500 (no exaggeration) in order to get this prescription once a month.

They have since began a specialty medication branch.  This is called Acredo.  The problems have become much worse.  I can not use any online or automated phone system to order my prescription each month.  It can not have automatic renewal and they require a phone call each and every month.  This is the 3rd month since the switch and each time it involves 2 hours on the phone.

This story goes on and on.  Every month they put me through this.  I cant afford to just no use my prescription insurance.  I cant  go to the benefits manager at work because the first thing they ask is what is the medication for?

Who can I complain to?  This is insane and there is no question it is being done to harass me because of the nature of the illness.

Can someone please tell me where I can go with this?

Snowangel:
Hi there!
Are you in Tennessee?

It looks like people have filed with the Better Business Bureau, I don't know if you want to go that route?

http://www.bbb.org/memphis/business-reviews/wholesalers-and-distributors/accredo-health-group-in-memphis-tn-15005188/complaints

2 hours on the phone is ridiculous!!

Good luck,
Snow

mitch777:
Just went through the same thing with Acredo myself last week. Pure torture. >:(

Ann:

--- Quote from: hereinny on November 26, 2013, 09:06:08 AM ---
I cant  go to the benefits manager at work because the first thing they ask is what is the medication for?

--- End quote ---

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that according to HIPAA laws, a benefits manager at your place of employment is not permitted to ask such a question as it would breach your confidentiality.

You should look into this.

bocker3:

--- Quote from: Ann on November 27, 2013, 06:23:13 AM ---I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that according to HIPAA laws, a benefits manager at your place of employment is not permitted to ask such a question as it would breach your confidentiality.

You should look into this.

--- End quote ---

I am not an expert but, I don't think HIPAA precludes someone from asking the question -- it precludes them from sharing the info if the question is answered.  I would NOT answer, if asked.
It shouldn't matter what the med is or what it is for - if the contracted benefits company is not meeting the standards of the company, a complaint is in order and would, I hope, get rectified.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version