POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 06:55:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23787
  • Latest: rvarona
Stats
  • Total Posts: 643585
  • Total Topics: 48969
  • Online Today: 203
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Progress  (Read 541 times)

Offline aaware72

Progress
« on: November 22, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thought I share my progress.  I been using Stirbild

01/18/2013-Tested positive

02/08/2013-VL-52,000, CD4-234
02/28/2013-VL-804, CD4-466
03/14/2013-VL-74, CD4-380
04/25/2013-VL<20 detected, CD4-368
08/14/2013-VL-55, CD4-420
11/18/2013-VL<20 undetected, CD4-425

That is all...
"Yes, knowledge is power. Self-knowledge brings mastery of one's body."

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Progress
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »
for a year that didn't start off so good, you sure have come a long way. WooHoo!
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline aaware72

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
Thanks Leatherman!

I figured I would share my experience so far.  As you can see I had a blimp a few months back.  I have seen other write about these experiences and get worried.  At least in my case it was just bump in the road.   I would like to see my CD4 count to be a bit higher(above 500), however it is my understanding it is going to take a while to rebuild my immune system.  I know in my state they have changed when they want someone to start treatment.  They recommend to start right away no matter what your CD4 count is.  My understanding is why take the risk of letting the virus destory your immune system.   

I tested positive 01/18/13 and my last negative test was 05/01/12.  We believe I convert the last week July going into first week of August.  My first blood test showed my CD4 was 230.  I understand everyone body will react differently, however why take the risk of letting the virus take over?  I am a supporter of getting on medication sooner than later. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:29:50 AM by aaware72 »

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 01:01:13 PM »
I am a supporter of getting on medication sooner than later.
totally agree  ;)

would like to see my CD4 count to be a bit higher(above 500)
ah, just remember: it's not quantity but quality.  ;) I've been poz now for 29 yrs and once had an "accidental" count of 415. Besides that I've been very lucky just to have 300. Yet I haven't been in the hospital for over 15 yrs now. ;) I'd bet my measly 315 against anyone 700 and up.  ;)

Things look really good for you. you got tested in time, and the treatment is working. WooHoo! It's always good to read good news around here. ;D
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline aaware72

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »
totally agree  ;)
ah, just remember: it's not quantity but quality.  ;) I've been poz now for 29 yrs and once had an "accidental" count of 415. Besides that I've been very lucky just to have 300. Yet I haven't been in the hospital for over 15 yrs now. ;) I'd bet my measly 315 against anyone 700 and up.  ;)

Things look really good for you. you got tested in time, and the treatment is working. WooHoo! It's always good to read good news around here. ;D

I'm not complaining ;)  And yes it is important to know your status.  Before testing positive I had been getting tested about every 6 months.   

Online mitch777

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 02:57:16 PM »
Your numbers are looking good!

My CD4 count hung around 500-700 for many years and after 29 years being poz they decided to jump up to over 1000. My latest test at the 31 year mark is 968.

I'm sure yours will get over that 500 mark. Glad to see such progress in such a short time. :)

m.
32 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.