POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 01:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23787
  • Latest: rvarona
Stats
  • Total Posts: 643607
  • Total Topics: 48971
  • Online Today: 153
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 125
Total: 129

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Our new cat!!!!  (Read 341 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
Our new cat!!!!
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:26:15 PM »
We went to the shelter today and found Geo. He is seven months old. This is the closest anyone of us has been able to get to him since we brought him home three hours ago. My daughter's favorite color is black, (She knows black is absence of color, but in visual art it is defined as a color), and this cat made eye contact with her. He spent three hours listening, smelling, watching, and finally chewing on my papasan chair. We had to put my chair in the work room. I understood Geo would have some destructiveness already. I'm not upset.
Here is Geo with my daughter.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:32:03 PM by idee »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Our new cat!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »
That cat is wearing camouflage .

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »
We went to the shelter today and found Geo. He is seven months old. This is the closest anyone of us has been able to get to him since we brought him home three hours ago. My daughter's favorite color is black, (She knows black is absence of color, but in visual art it is defined as a color), and this cat made eye contact with her. He spent three hours listening, smelling, watching, and finally chewing on my papasan chair. We had to put my chair in the work room. I understood Geo would have some destructiveness already. I'm not upset.
Here is Geo with my daughter.

Here's the picture. I tried to post the picture earlier and it did not work. It's what I get when I try to type while eating some raw cookie dough. Geo is cute! The mood in our home has changed already. 
I can not wait to get Geo his little Christmas stocking and hang it on the mantle with ours. Yes, I am having it personalized for him!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:13:54 PM by idee »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:26:23 PM »
I'll never understand cat people.

Cats are snakes with fur.

MtD

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 06:01:58 AM »
I'll never understand cat people.

Cats are snakes with fur.

MtD

What I do is train myself to read Puppy when I see Kitten and Dog when I see Cat,

Idee I am pleased that your family has grown to include Geo, go slow with him and apparently he will acknowledge your existence in 2 months to 2 years.

As you can tell I am a Friend off the Dog .

Mitch though receives on going psychological  care for his love off Cats.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 07:30:08 AM »
Cats are ghastly things. My neighbour's cat would sit wailing like a banshee outside my bedroom window. At 11:00 clock at night.

Until it accidently got poisoned. Turns out dimethoate is terribly toxic for cats.

People can be so cruel.

MtD

Offline mitch777

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »

Mitch though receives on going psychological  care for his love off Cats.

Was a dog guy but alas circumstances have changed and counseling is temporarily needed. It's been over 8 months now and still confused. Medication may be needed.
32 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Offline bubba53

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 08:13:56 PM »
Good luck with your new cat in his new home ! love to see people get shelter animals. I'm a dog guy but , but am an animal lover . so cats are OK as long as they are not in my house.

OMG.. starting to sound like Mr Fucking Rogers.....might have to change my user name.  I have two dogs. both terrier mixes  ,and love them dearly , take them swimming in the bay daily as long as the weather holds. no swimming this week .....Nor Easter since Monday.

anyway good luck with your new kitty  !!!

Offline initforlife

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 08:23:27 PM »
Hey Bubba  lol whats wrong with  Mr rogers?  my child hood was all about him among others. Would you? Could You be my neighbor?   ;D
I should have known he was bi

Offline bubba53

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 08:27:20 PM »
 I sure as hell would ! Good neighbors and friends are everything....

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 08:28:25 PM »
I like it here .

Offline initforlife

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 08:33:41 PM »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »
Cat chat always soothe the soul. (tee he)  :)
32 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Offline initforlife

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 08:45:59 PM »
Should tell y'all a cat nip story. I was at my daughters house she had the green stuff in a bag on top of frig. I took it down and was looking at it smelling it think omg someone has weed in her house.. (I haven't smoke or had weed in years so forgot the smell) turns out it was cat nip for the cats. Yep here is my sign. I really need to get out more! lol

Offline bubba53

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 08:53:24 PM »
Now I'll have to get a cat to explain what's on top of my fridge

Offline initforlife

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 08:55:16 PM »
Now I'll have to get a cat to explain what's on top of my fridge
LMAO

Offline initforlife

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 09:05:09 PM »
next questions is Bubba do you share your cat nip?

Offline bubba53

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 09:19:52 PM »
Of Course !   Can't smell no Roses on my front porch
Though sometimes you smell a little skunk meandering around

Offline britchick

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 03:11:22 PM »
idee,

Geo looks so cute!!!Thanks for adopting him.I now have 6 cats living next door to me!!!!I love every cat.

britchickxx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.