Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Pray for Us - BF Just diagnosed with HIV

<< < (4/4)

prayforus:
i just want advice or if I am wrong or not. Way before he was diagnosed, I was telling him how we needed to start eating healther and to quit smoking. We dont cigarettes but marijuanna and he rolls them in cigars which of course has tabacco. Ever since his diagnosis, I have really been on him about continuing to smoke the cigars with marijuanna. Today we got into it because he promised that we would make an effort to stop smoking together. Especially now that he has been diagnosed. I can just see that if I dont bring certain things up, he wont change.

Now if he is smoking everyday and with friends etc, those friends wont be there if something happens. I will be. So am I wrong for letting him know he shouldnt be smoking? Should he be smoking? I know that marijuana is not bad, but the cigars and tabacco etc. Im just so confused.

xrel0aded:
I think for a short while, you should not smother him and let him just come to terms with his diagnosis in his own way. You might end up doing more harm than good.

mecch:

--- Quote from: prayforus on November 27, 2013, 10:24:20 PM ---i just want advice or if I am wrong or not. Way before he was diagnosed, I was telling him how we needed to start eating healther and to quit smoking. We dont cigarettes but marijuanna and he rolls them in cigars which of course has tabacco. Ever since his diagnosis, I have really been on him about continuing to smoke the cigars with marijuanna. Today we got into it because he promised that we would make an effort to stop smoking together. Especially now that he has been diagnosed. I can just see that if I dont bring certain things up, he wont change.

Now if he is smoking everyday and with friends etc, those friends wont be there if something happens. I will be. So am I wrong for letting him know he shouldnt be smoking? Should he be smoking? I know that marijuana is not bad, but the cigars and tabacco etc. Im just so confused.

--- End quote ---

You seem to be changing the subject or going off on a tangent.  What has smoking some pot or pot and cigars (hmm, thats a new one for me ;D) got to do with managing a sero-discordant relationship?  Ditto - healthy eating.  Healthy eating doesn't have all that much to do with treatment of HIV, by the way.  Yeah smoking is bad for anyone, HIV+ or HIV-. 

There isn't some draconian set of dietary and health rules that descends upon us HIV+ folks, usually.  Basically you monitor your blood and start the HAART at the necessary time.   Otherwise, we can eat healthy or not, smoke or not, with basically the same considerations of HIV- folks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version