Main Forums > Living With HIV

My very own lymphoma

<< < (12/37) > >>

Buckmark:
I'm way overdue to provide an update on my lymphoma treatment.  About a week ago I finished my 6th week of chemotherapy.  That is the 6th and final treatment in this round.  My, how time flies. In addition to IV infusion of chemo over the week, it also concludes with a lumbar puncture and "intrathecal" delivery of prophylactic chemo to my spine / brain.  I am so tired of lumbar punctures, but at this point I know almost all of the hospital staff in the "short stay unit", not to mention my oncologist's staff.  Overwhelmingly, they are gems.

Along the way, I came down with blood clots in my left arm 2 weeks ago, requiring a trip to the ER and having to give myself injections of blood thinners until my oral warfarin kicked in.  Back in February I had a brush with PCP that required a bronchoscopy because it was difficult to confirm.  That's when we found out my CD4 count was just 104 (likely due to one of my chemo meds called "Rituxan"), and now I'm taking dapsone as a prophylactic for PCP.  Le sigh.

Now I get about 4 weeks of rest, followed by new CT and PET scans in early April. Either I'll be clear of cancer, or I'll need more treatment.  Obviously I'm hoping for the former, and it is certainly possible given my super-aggressive "R-EPOCH" treatment plan.  But it is not a given, and only time will tell.  In the meantime, I'm going to focus on getting some of my strength back, and also getting my appetite back.  While I'm not having nausea problems, there is little in the way of food that seems appetizing to me.  Any food that is heavy or fried seems particularly unappealing, so I won't be visiting Wumpy's nutrition thread.   ;)   Ditto for alcohol.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers of support.  Whether we have been in communication, or you've just been thinking about me, it really helps to know that everyone is here.

Hugs,

Henry

bocker3:
Thanks for the update Henry -- been wondering how things are going for you.

Will keep you in my thoughts -- and hoping for some good results in April!!

You know we are all here for you!

Hugs,
Mike

Miss Philicia:
Thinking of you Henry. You've really been through the wringer with all of this.

Jeff G:
Thanks Henry ... You have been a good friend to all that know you and you can count on our unconditional support just as you have shown us over the years  . Hugs for Henry .

hope_for_a_cure:

--- Quote from: Buckmark on March 23, 2014, 12:30:42 PM ---Now I get about 4 weeks of rest, followed by new CT and PET scans in early April. Either I'll be clear of cancer, or I'll need more treatment.  Obviously I'm hoping for the former, and it is certainly possible given my super-aggressive "R-EPOCH" treatment plan.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers of support.  Whether we have been in communication, or you've just been thinking about me, it really helps to know that everyone is here.

Hugs,

Henry

--- End quote ---

Henry,  The downtime from chemo is going to feel great.  I too am hoping your scan results in April show huge improvement.  Keeping you in my thoughts and sending you my best!

Edited to add:  I would submit that its probable your scan will come back NED.   

James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version