Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Lots going on

(1/4) > >>

wolfter:
Been so busy lately that I hadn't realized how little I was participating. 

The most exciting thing is that I've been dating again.  I met him at the American Legion and I was almost a little shameful in my approach.  ;)  My gaydar kicked in and I spotted him across the room.  I gave my number on the pretense of him joining our club.  He called and arranged to tour our facility.  I haven't disclosed yet so we'll see how that goes. 

I really like him and we have a great time when together.  He's so atypical of what I usually go for, so maybe that's progress?  He's average height and weight and I usually seek tall slender men.

I'll probably end up at the doctor's again, as you can imagine.  I had an incident yesterday when a car forced me off the road and I flipped my bike into a ditch.  If my collar bone isn't broken, then I'll be surprised.  It's freaking hurting so bad that even breathing hurts.  My entire shoulder looks all droopy and I can't lift my arm.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Wolfie

tednlou2:
All the best with this new guy. 

About the injury-- Ok, what did you do to upset the gods?  ;)  hopefully it isn't broken and won't have any lingering issues.  Seriously, I know you couldn't help being forced off the road.  I've ridden my bike and cars had plenty of room to move over (no cars coming), but they still want to get as close as they can to you.

bocker3:

--- Quote from: wolfter on November 06, 2013, 12:39:56 PM ---I was almost a little shameful in my approach.  ;) 

--- End quote ---

So -- standard Operating Procedure then??!!   ;D

GET THAT SHOULDER LOOKED AT MISSY!!!

Hugs,
M

leatherman:

--- Quote from: wolfter on November 06, 2013, 12:39:56 PM ---If my collar bone isn't broken, then I'll be surprised.  It's freaking hurting so bad that even breathing hurts.  My entire shoulder looks all droopy and I can't lift my arm.

--- End quote ---
hopefully, you're texting us from the ER waiting room.  ;)
if not, off you go!!

wolfter:
I decided to hold off going to the doctor since I'd need to go to urgent care instead.  My truck is a standard so I can't drive it. 

I'm thinking I simply got banged around instead of breaking anything.  The pain has lessened and I now notice that the majority of the pain is in the upper rib area instead of the collar bone.

Luckily, I'm always cautious when riding so I expect the unexpected.  But there was nothing I could have done differently.  An idiot passed me and immediately made a right turn.  It was either hit him or the ditch.  He didn't stop but a lady did. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version