Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

How often do you do labs?

(1/2) > >>

randym431:
I guess to me it seems the doc wants labs/checkup every 3 months. I was wondering if, as time goes by, four months or even every six months might be just as good (if one is/has been doing well on meds, that is)?

AT first I wanted labs done every month and waiting for three months to pass, to see how I was doing (those figures), was a long wait.
Now, been over a year, it seems every three months might be too often, unless an issue comes up. Would be nice too, to cut down on the frequency of those co-pays.

Actually, if one got labs and all was stable, I dont see the reason to even see the doc in that case, after the labs.
Its like , doc:"how ya doin? me: fine, great. doc: labs are great too. me: glad of that. Doc: pay on the way out (I want to spend the holidays in Fiji).
Well, the Fiji part I made up... But you get my point..? ;D

J.R.E.:
Hey Randy,

I am still once every three months for tests. There are times I feel, when I would like them done a little more often, but the doctor at this time, doesn't think that is neccessary.
I think with the medication that I am on, a three month blood test is probably required, especially for liver function, and I doubt it will ever go beyond that.

Take care----Ray

blondbeauty:
With the infection under control by meds, usually every 4 months. With high viral loads, more frecuently.

Miss Philicia:
Har... I've pretty much had them every month or at least every 2 months for 13 years.  In fact it's been a rarity that I ever have a month where I don't go to the doctor.  It all depends on too many factors per person.

I think I'm finally at a point where I'll be going less, but it's taken a long, long time to get here.

aztecan:
Hey Randy,

I did the every-three-month test for about 11 years. The doc then switched me to every six months, because I was very stable, had high CD4s and an undetectable viral load since 1996.

There are times I had them more often, but so far it is working OK.

It all depends on how things are going and is pretty individual. Every three months isn't bad, though.

HUGS,

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version