Main Forums > Living With HIV

In the Midwest

(1/1)

scaredom:
I'm a straight male in the midwest and sometimes feel like I'm the only one.  I know I'm not but it's discouraging sometimes.

Theyer:
Your geographic isolation matches the feelings inside, but you will have noticed that many folks post about isolation living in the cities.
However they do have easier  access to others , which you don,t.

Do you want to be contacted by others in your position , other straight Men / Women / no preferences ?.

You never know it could lead to a network.

Michael
57 yr GWM living in London and Orkney.

intaglio:
Playing with this map can give you an idea of how isolated you really are. The data is accurate as of 2010, so it is a bit old, but still will give you an idea. You can mine the data down to the county level in the US.

Visually seeing that there are others in your area dealing with HIV may help. It may not. I offer it as an exercise, nothing more.

This site has a resource listing under the Directory link at the top of the page. Use it to find an ASO near you that can give you an idea of support groups that meet in your area.

Keep this in mind: you may be lonely, but you are never alone.

BT65:

--- Quote from: scaredom on November 03, 2013, 10:29:09 PM ---I'm a straight male in the midwest and sometimes feel like I'm the only one.  I know I'm not but it's discouraging sometimes.

--- End quote ---

Where in the midwest exactly (what state)?

terrifiedinside44:
I feel isolated too. I am in the Midwest as well. Feel free to send me a PM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version