POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 04:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 24072
  • Latest: Esfesf
Stats
  • Total Posts: 647681
  • Total Topics: 49359
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 109
Total: 115

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Unprotected oral 2 incidents , continuous diarrhea  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Mojorising

• Standard
Unprotected oral 2 incidents , continuous diarrhea
« on: October 29, 2013, 08:06:31 AM »
Hello everyone,

I've read the lessons and few of the threads , being an OCD person i can't help myself but posting my own case and getting my own answers.

Since last year i was very active and i had many partners , some of them i know they are HIV NEGATIVE where i performed unprotected sex couple of times , and the one who i don't know their status i always used a condom the right way (except for oral) , never been worried as i know that its not a risk factor.

Until sep 11th and sep 25th , where on 11th i had unprotected oral received (blowjob) and protected vaginal with a sex worker , and on 25th only very short (few seconds) unprotected  oral received (blowjob) with a sex worker , i didn't worry as usual till this happens:
Around sep 27th i got a real flu (this is what i assume) , sneezing , stuffy nose , 7 days of flu with coughing developed later on towards the end of 7 days , didn't really have fever , chills , headache etc .. It was a flu as i guess and that was around 2 weeks after first exposure and 2 days after second exposure , as a result I'm not really worried and i wasn't even thinking about it. 

Around 20th of October during the sixth week after first exposure and forth week after second exposure, i noticed extreme lack of appetite , hardly ate anything for like three days , small bite a day , and after that became normal.

Here is what worries me the last incident :
On 22nd night at the beginning of week 7 after first exposure and week  5 after second exposure , and this diarrhea still exist till today , sometime I'm going to toilet 3-4 times a day with a watery outcome , i would say 90% of the time its diarrhea and 10% its not diarrhea but its also not normal.
Tomorrow i have a doctor appointment to check in it and i still didn't take any medicine.

My questions are:
1-Is there any risk in my incidents? Is it Zero risk or unlikely / very small risk , it makes a big difference to me. 
2- if yes what is the risk
3- do you recommend HIV check up and when ? I will be visiting the USA Allentown PA on Nov 10th to 14th , is there anonymous test centers ?  Or other ways of testing ? What kind of test ?
4- if there in no risk , you think continuing receiving unprotected oral is a Zero risk? Shall i continue ?
5- I've read on many websites that diarrhea can be can be one of the early symptoms of infections , and some other websites its an late stage HIV infection symptoms , there is no real clear information , considering the 6 or 4 weeks window since the two exposures , does this diarrhea at any case considered to be a symptom of HIV ? Are you 100% positive that it has nothing to do with an HIV infection in my case ?

I expect that i will get such answer that no documented cases so far of transmitting HIV with oral , not even one. And i wont be be the first
Till i read an article on CDC that's says YES there is a risk and on some other website they estimate this risk based in CDC study from 0-8%.
CDC website worries me a lot. How credible is their assessments ?

http://www.CDC.gov/HIV/resources/qa/transmission.htm

Appreciate your details response and answers to all my numbered questions

No need to say that I'm extremely worried that i cant function and I've been ditching work for a while now because i can't focus.

P.s. There are no other noticeable whatsoever of whats is described on many websites as a HIV infection early symptoms. 

Thanks in advance

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Unprotected oral 2 incidents , continuous diarrhea
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:26:56 AM »
I could answer your questions one by one but its not necessary . You have admitted to unprotected intercourse in the past so you have had a risk for HIV and will need to test at the appropriate time . You simply do not know a persons HIV status simply because they say they are negative . That assumption is why allot of us are are living with HIV . 

Your symptoms are not specific to HIV and can be caused by many different conditions other than HIV , this is why we refuse to discuss symptoms . You can test at 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! .   

Offline Mojorising

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 09:17:44 AM »
I could answer your questions one by one but its not necessary . You have admitted to unprotected intercourse in the past so you have had a risk for HIV and will need to test at the appropriate time . You simply do not know a persons HIV status simply because they say they are negative . That assumption is why allot of us are are living with HIV . 

Your symptoms are not specific to HIV and can be caused by many different conditions other than HIV , this is why we refuse to discuss symptoms . You can test at 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! .

Thanks Jeff,

I don't know why i've brought up the unprotected vaginal sex, it wasn't necessary, those two partners relations were back in Jan and Feb this year , and i've already tested Negative late August , thats after 6 month of last exposure which is think the result of August in conclusive.

Given the explanation above , can you please help me replying to my questions with regards to September both incidents.

Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 09:25:34 AM »
There have been no fewer than three separate serodiscordant couples studies (where one person is HIV positive, the other negative.) These couples were tracked for three. five and ten years. The couples used condoms for penetrative vaginal and anal sex, but NO BARRIER at all for oral sex. Any kind of oral sex.

These studies yielded NO infections.

We don't comment too much on what other HIV/Aids information resources have to say , we use the latest peer reviewed science for our assessments .

Getting a blow job or performing cunnilingus isn't a risk for HIV so if this is your only concern then your health problems are not from HIV . If you are sick I would go see my doctor and find out why .   

Offline Mojorising

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:40:52 AM »
Thanks Jeff , i feel a lot better now.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 09:45:34 AM »
You are welcome ! .   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 05:33:46 AM »

I don't know why i've brought up the unprotected vaginal sex, it wasn't necessary, those two partners relations were back in Jan and Feb this year , and i've already tested Negative late August , thats after 6 month of last exposure which is think the result of August in conclusive.

Just because you tested negative following these incidents of unprotected vaginal intercourse does NOT mean that you can "know" these women were hiv negative. Not every insertive incident of unprotected intercourse results in transmission and infection.

Hiv is much more difficult to transmit from a woman to a man and you may have just been lucky.

Stop playing roulette with your health and start using condoms until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have BOTH tested hiv negative - at least three months into the relationship and you're sure you have BOTH been monogamous.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.