Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

How Do You Feel If You Miss a Dose

<< < (2/4) > >>

Miss Philicia:
Every time I've had surgery I've had to skip a dose of my HIV meds, per hospital instructions -- with the exception of my blood pressure medication and even then using only a minute amount of water to get it down.

Or maybe I'm missing the point of this discussion. In short, "how do I feel if I miss a dose"? I feel nothing, because I know it rarely happens.

Habersham:
Hey - just wondering why you slept all day in the 1st place....

Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm hoping you weren't sick or something. If you attended a cool Halloween party and were exhausted Sunday I'm jealous.  If you've been sleep deprived or sick maybe that's why you are stil dizzy and stuff.

I can't speak to the medical stuff but wondering why you were so tired in the first place. You might still be tired or just woozy from too much sleep.

Take the best care

buginme2:
I can understand feeling a bit down.  The first time I accidentally missed was about a year or so after starting.  I had gone out with friends for a celebration of sorts and drank and smoked to much and fell asleep (passed out). 

Even though missing one dose after a year of never missing wasn't going to have any issue on me medically, and I knew that, I was still disappointed in myself and a bit bummed.

Physically I probably felt better since I was on.Atripla.at the time and skipping a day helped make you feel normal.

oksikoko:
Thanks for the notes. No, this was beyond feeling disappointed because I'd missed a dose. I felt like I was seeing double and stuck in marmalade in someone else's depressing movie. I also had brain zaps, but I recognize those from SSRI days, so I'm sure that's the aripiprazole.

I'm pretty eager to go off the stuff (aripiprazole, not Stribild), and if this is what it's gonna be like, phew... I'm thinking this was a combo and that I should be very careful to never miss both simultaneously again. So, that's the takeaway. Only skip one drug at a time, haha.

Habersham, I guess I didn't have any particular reason to be out of bed, so I just stayed in it. I had slept the night before, though only a few hours. My sleep schedule is erratic generally, but I don't usually sleep through an entire day. Fortunately, I didn't miss anything.

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on October 28, 2013, 02:06:07 PM ---Every time I've had surgery I've had to skip a dose of my HIV meds, per hospital instructions -- with the exception of my blood pressure medication and even then using only a minute amount of water to get it down.

Or maybe I'm missing the point of this discussion. In short, "how do I feel if I miss a dose"? I feel nothing, because I know it rarely happens.

--- End quote ---

I mean 'how do you feel physically'. Why do they make you stop HAART for surgery?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version