Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Partner newly diagnosed

(1/3) > >>

buddhaboy60613:
My partner of 8 years told me last night he's positive. And he kept asking if I fully understand what that meant, and I assured him that I did. This morning, however, I think it REALLY began to sink in. When I allow my mind to slow down, I start to feel shell shocked. And as much as I want to be supportive of him, part of me wants to just curl up in a ball and just wish this was happening to someone, anyone else.

And I just want to cry, all the time.

buddhaboy60613:
 To follow-up on yesterday's post: I feel so much better. It turns out that my partner was exposed before we got together, so he's been living with it for at least 8 years. And his doctor told him his viral load is virtually undetectable and should remain that way as long as he takes his meds.

mecch:
Do you have questions you want to ask us in the forum, or do you think you'll be able to talk it out with your partner? Or both?

Just a note: effective HAART means he should be most of the time, reliably undetectable, not "virtually undetectable"...  Is this a wording slip, or are you unaware of what effective treatment means....  Or something else?

buddhaboy60613:
Mecch,

Thanks for the response and the clarification. This is still very new for me, and he just started treatment. I'm sure I'll have questions, but more than anything yesterday I just needed a release.

mecch:
Ah well if he just started, that explains the numbers. It can take awhile to finally drop form very low, to undetectable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version