HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

gave / received oral sex

(1/2) > >>

morgalouis:
Hello. Good morning. Last week I have unprotected oral sex with a sex worker transexual.
I gave about 30 seconds of oral to her and received about 5 minutes from her.
No ejaculations (both). Don't remember about her precum or open sores in my mouth.
I was at the dentist a week before the meeting to close some open teeth.

I'm avoiding sex with my regular partner since then.

Am I at risk? Should I test?

I really appreciate your help experts. Be in peace...  :)

PS.: Sorry for my english, not my native language.

Jeff G:
There have been no fewer than three separate serodiscordant couples studies (where one person is HIV positive, the other negative.) These couples were tracked for three. five and ten years. The couples used condoms for penetrative vaginal and anal sex, but NO BARRIER at all for oral sex. Any kind of oral sex.

These studies yielded NO infections.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME for this incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! .

morgalouis:
Jeff, thank you for the quick response. I'll lighten up this incident and take care of myself and my partner in the future.

Thank you again !!!

morgalouis:
Dear, good day. Last question !!!  :)

Even though I have a sore throat, this is not a problem. Correct?

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: morgalouis on October 24, 2013, 07:09:18 AM ---Dear, good day. Last question !!!  :)

Even though I have a sore throat, this is not a problem. Correct?

--- End quote ---

That is correct . You did not have a risk .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version