HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Oral and Fingering risk

(1/1)

rocorocks:
firstly first time on site so i might be doing it wrong.
met a guy, been seeing him for 4 months now, he is HIV positive - we use a condom at all times.
quesiton 1: can i get HIV from being fingered with my partners spit (or penetrated (with a condom, using his spit)
question 2: what are my chances of getting HIV with unprotected oral sex (if he does not ejaculate in my mouth)
thank you very much in advance

Jeff G:
The risk factors for HIV are ....

Sharing IV drug needles immediately after use.
Unprotected anal and vaginal sex.
Mother to child during or shortly after birth
Very specific healthcare situations.

None of the things you mentioned are a risk for HIV .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

rocorocks:
thank you, makes perfect sense, i do go for check ups and had one 4 days ago, im still negative.
take care

Jeff G:
Your welcome ! .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version