Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

New relationship

(1/2) > >>

afraidoftheunknown:
I think I've finally met my match, of course it happened after I stopped "looking" so hard. He is poz, going on 5 years and I am neg. It had never crossed my mind that I would one day enter a serodiscordant relationship, heck I didn't even realize what serodiscordant meant until recently. I'm learning something new everyday about hiv; I want to be supportive but not overbearing.  Reading some of the posts here have really helped me to have a better comprehension.
Thank you

fer00:

Glad to hear! Learn as much as you can about the virus and know that you can have a perfectly safe relationship with a poz partner.

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: fer00 on October 15, 2013, 11:38:29 PM ---Glad to hear! Learn as much as you can about the virus and know that you can have a perfectly safe relationship with a poz partner.

--- End quote ---

Terrific advice!

After I disclosed to my boyfriend (over the phone), he had pretty well memorized the LESSONS section of this site before we even met up again.

That was about two years ago, and we're stronger than ever :)

darryaz:
Thanks, Afraid and JK - you're both providing me with encouragement.

Tonight I went on another date with the guy I mentioned in this thread:
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=50419.msg604502

Each time I see him I wonder if we can really make a serodiscordant relationship work.  It's nice to hear about the ones that actually have partners willing to educate themselves and deal sensibly with this.

My guy has repeated several times that my HIV status doesn't make any difference to him, and from talking to him it sounds like he's looking up CORRECT information on HIV from somewhere (I haven't asked him where yet - I decided not to try guiding him unless he came up with bad info).

The effort he's putting in makes me very hopeful as well.

afraidoftheunknown:
To darryaz, I hope everything works out well for you!

Being better educated, I feel has made our relationship stronger. He lets me ask him questions and he corrects some of my misunderstandings, the open dialogue has only made us stronger. I feel like I am in the most honest relationship I've ever been in, we're able to talk about everything under the sun now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version