Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Deciding On A Regimen--Questions

<< < (2/2)

tednlou2:

--- Quote from: buginme2 on October 08, 2013, 11:17:29 PM ---
According to the Stanford university database the K103N resistance is still susceptible to rilpivrine.  It is resistant to Sustiva and Nevirapine.

Non-Nucleoside RTI
efavirenz (EFV)   High-level resistance
etravirine (ETR)   Susceptible
nevirapine (NVP)   High-level resistance
rilpivirine (RPV)   Susceptible

They have a database you can enter your specific resistance and it will tell you what meds you can and can't take.

http://sierra2.stanford.edu/sierra/servlet/JSierra?action=mutationsInput

As far as which med is better and which is worse..really. I think its six of one half dozen of the other.

--- End quote ---

I just realized I misinterpreted what this said.  I was reading it as K103n would knock out rilpilvirine.  It was late and I was reading it as rilpilvirine susceptible to K103n.  When I read it now, I realized I made an error and this means the drug works on this mutation.  I have that correct now, right?  Lol. 

tednlou2:
Well, I guess I'm leaning toward Stribild.  After further questioning, it does appear Complera would work, even with my K103n mutation.  But, I've read if you become resistant to it, it would or could knock out other options.  Does anyone know more about this?  Does this mean knock out drugs like the Sustiva in Atripla, which I'm already resistant?  What drugs/regimens are people talking about, when they discuss becoming resistant to Complera?  If it means knocking out NNRTI's that I'm already resistant, then this wouldn't be a factor for me. 

Is there a good site to look at the pros and cons of Complera and Stribild?  Because as of now, it feels like I would have to flip a coin.

buginme2:
I think if you become resistant to the rilpivrine in Complera you would also be resistant to Etavirine. 

I think that's what they try to avoid because Etavirine is used in people who have become resistant to other meds.  I think its one of those that was developed for people with resistance so it's not given to treatment naive patients, just treatment experienced. 

So...if they are concerned that your already resistant to half of the NNRTI's (Sustiva and nevirapine) they may not want to put you in a situation that would knock out the other two (rilpivrine and etavirine), especially since Etavirine is used for the more experienced patient.

With that being said, Stribild sounds reasonable.  Do you have concerns about Stribild?

tednlou2:

--- Quote from: buginme2 on December 18, 2013, 07:27:34 PM ---I think if you become resistant to the rilpivrine in Complera you would also be resistant to Etavirine. 

I think that's what they try to avoid because Etavirine is used in people who have become resistant to other meds.  I think its one of those that was developed for people with resistance so it's not given to treatment naive patients, just treatment experienced. 

So...if they are concerned that your already resistant to half of the NNRTI's (Sustiva and nevirapine) they may not want to put you in a situation that would knock out the other two (rilpivrine and etavirine), especially since Etavirine is used for the more experienced patient.

With that being said, Stribild sounds reasonable.  Do you have concerns about Stribild?

--- End quote ---

I still don't know enough about these newer regimens to have concerns.  From what I've read, Stribild is very effective with low side-effect profile, no?  If I had to make a decision right now, I would choose Stribild. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version