Main Forums > Living With HIV

Disclosing

(1/6) > >>

MoltenStorm:
Howdy All,

I've decided to disclose my status to my parents tonight. My brother is away at a summer camp for the week, so now would be the best time. That way, they can decide whether or not they want him to know. There's never a "right" time to disclose to family, so I thought I'd go ahead and get it over with. Wish me luck!

heartforyou:
Good luck.
Be prepared for some shocked faces.
But remember their biggest fear will be loosing you before they go.

Tell them you need them and their support.

Hug

Herman
They will be glad to know after some time.

Sdgirl:
Molton,

Good luck...I know it won't be easy, but the hardest part is already over with, you decided to tell them.  My thoughts are with you and just know that your parents love you and are going to be concerned just like Herman said.

xoxox

Lisa

manchesteruk:
Hi Molton,

I've been keeping upto date with your recent posts and the way you've been dealing with your diagnosis is remarkably similar to mine I was even exposed at the same time, July of last year.  After my diagnosis I was on aidsmeds asking all the same questions as you with regards to disclosure etc.  Your very brave to be disclosing to your parents I did the same thing a couple of months ago and I have to say i've never regreted it.  It was so tough when I did, it was over the phone and my hands were shaking I was terrified of a bad reaction which never materialised.  Don't be freaked out by there first reactions just remember how much of a shock it was when you found out.  Good luck and keep us updated on how it went.

Chris

Optimistic:
Good Luck Molton...I hope all goes well with the disclosure. You are very brave for doing so, and I really admire that. 

Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version