Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Woman Tries To Crash Car Into W.H. Gates and Then Capital

(1/9) > >>

tednlou2:
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbcnews.com/53177382

Modified to add another link.  The one above is LIVE coverage that will come to an end. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/capitol-lockdown_n_4038560.html

mitch777:
the continuous news coverage of one unstable women is flabbergasting. sometimes the media is as bad at prioritizing what is important more than politicians. ::) :o
this event might have been worthy of a mention but it all ended in minutes yet the coverage went on for hours.
1000 more important issues to bring to our attention. they constantly report on others lack of priorities but don't seem to realize that they do the same thing.
ah... networks, ratings, $$.
rant over.

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on October 03, 2013, 08:46:32 PM ---the continuous news coverage of one unstable women is flabbergasting. sometimes the media is as bad at prioritizing what is important more than politicians. ::) :o
this event might have been worthy of a mention but it all ended in minutes yet the coverage went on for hours.
1000 more important issues to bring to our attention. they constantly report on others lack of priorities but don't seem to realize that they do the same thing.
ah... networks, ratings, $$.
rant over.

--- End quote ---

Mitch , you are going to offend our junior reporter Tedscooplou if you keep knocking the news   ;)

Theyer:
Will it start a trend ?

tednlou2:
Mitch, I get what you're saying.  Having said that, I do think this was newsworthy, especially given the political climate.  When someone has tried to climb the White House fence, that is usually something that gets a small mention on the news. 

But, attempting to breach barricades and leading agents on a chase to the Capital is something that deserves more coverage, when she was shot and killed with her baby next to her.  And, this woman putting her baby at risk makes me wonder what caused her to snap.  I mean, when Michael Jackson died, all the networks were on with special reports.  The Today Show led their broadcast today with the news of the Jackson/AEG verdict.  Now, that is ridiculous. 

But, I get what you're saying.  The cable news channels just go on and on, repeating the same things.  They stretch it out to get the most out of it.  But, they would just be airing Crossfire and other yelling match shows.  Yes, Crossfire is back.  The networks came on with special reports, but were off the air within 30 minutes.  The network evening newscasts led with it, but then went on to cover other stories. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version