Main Forums > Living With HIV

"hiv neg" guys wanting to top undetectable poz, bareback ?????

(1/5) > >>

witch:
I'm undetectable poz and I started the online "dating" thing a month ago. I have already 2-3 guys that claim they are "negative" but want to top me bareback, knowing that I am undetectable poz.

Anyone met those, they don't seem rare species?
Are they really negative and think that topping an undetectable poz can't transmit hiv or they are lying about their status or want to get poz so they can bareback until the world ends?

darryaz:
My initial reaction to this is, "RUN!!!"

Jeff G:
First they tried to serosort and found it only works well if you are already poz . Now undetectable is the new serosorting tool for those who don't like condoms .

I can hear it now , but they said they were undetectable , I cant have aids .   

mecch:

--- Quote from: witch on September 28, 2013, 05:34:23 PM ---Anyone met those, they don't seem rare species?
Are they really negative and think that topping an undetectable poz can't transmit hiv or they are lying about their status or want to get poz so they can bareback until the world ends?

--- End quote ---

I have met them.

I would say rather rare but yeah more and more.

Are they really negative and think that topping an undetectable poz can't transmit hiv - yes some of them probably are negative and yes they think that.  Probably they have some justification.  Seems less a crap shoot if they can believe you really are HIV+ and undetectable.  Because its less risky with you (though maybe still a small risk) than with guys who believe they are HIV-, "STD FREE U BE 2" types - and in fact are not.

or they are lying about their status - yes, probably some are in some weird head trip and are HIV+

or want to get poz so they can bareback until the world ends - I would say this is the least likely characterisation.  If they are bugchasers they can find better partners than HIV+ undetectable guys....

jkinatl2:
To be clear, these are not "bug chasers." They are people who interpret the Swiss study (and others) and make an extrapolation outside the boundaries of the studies - a mutually monogamous relationship devoid of any other STDs.

In the absence of other STDs, particularly those which cause inflammation in the anorectal area, the risk of topping a positive bottom with an UD VL is roughly the same as using a condom.

Way more risk of the bottom getting an STD from the top, who is presumably going raw with other people as well.

You realize this is how many if not most serodiscordant couples have babies, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version