Main Forums > Living With HIV

Have you had your HRA yet this year?

(1/15) > >>

buginme2:
I had my HRA last week and for the first time in three years they couldn't visually see any areas that needed treatment!! And, the pap for the first time didn't show high grade dysplasia!  It did show ASCUS but that's better than AIN3 which is what every pap and HRA I have had has showed (I think I've had 6 or 7 and have gone through just about every treatment available).

After my exam I was speaking with the HRA doctor and we got into a very long conversation about how many patients they lose to follow up each year.  Apparently, it's a lot.  So I just want to put out a friendly reminder that if you haven't had an anal pap and HRA this year you should schedule one.  All HIV positive men and women should have them done once per year (more if they find dysplasia). 

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: buginme2 on September 26, 2013, 06:05:01 PM --- So I just want to put out a friendly reminder that if you haven't had an anal pap and HRA this year you should schedule one.  All HIV positive men and women should have them done once per year (more if they find dysplasia). 

--- End quote ---

I get a yearly Pap, which have all been good so far,  but have never had an HRA. Is this something I should be asking for?

-W

buginme2:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on September 26, 2013, 06:21:49 PM --- I get a yearly Pap, which have all been good so far,  but have never had an HRA. Is this something I should be asking for?

-W

--- End quote ---

I think the benefit of the HRA is that the pap doesn't catch everything and the dr wants to visually look to see if there are any changes.  They take screen shots and compare them with previous ones to measure if there have been changes.   The med center where I go does them both together.   They do HRA yearly if you have no issues, more if there is a problem.

weasel:

--- Quote from: buginme2 on September 26, 2013, 06:05:01 PM ---I had my HRA last week and for the first time in three years they couldn't visually see any areas that needed treatment!! And, the pap for the first time didn't show high grade dysplasia!  It did show ASCUS but that's better than AIN3 which is what every pap and HRA I have had has showed (I think I've had 6 or 7 and have gone through just about every treatment available).

After my exam I was speaking with the HRA doctor and we got into a very long conversation about how many patients they lose to follow up each year.  Apparently, it's a lot.  So I just want to put out a friendly reminder that if you haven't had an anal pap and HRA this year you should schedule one.  All HIV positive men and women should have them done once per year (more if they find dysplasia).

--- End quote ---

What is an HRA ? 

Carl

Miss Philicia:
I have a high-resolution anoscopy every year. My last one was in April.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version