Main Forums > Living With HIV

Risk of hiv transmission via precum in oral sex

<< < (2/4) > >>

Newby7553:
I have an undetectable viral load , what is the risk of passing hiv on if I have receptive anal sex with a non infected partner ( to put it more basically if I am fucked by a non infected partner)

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: Newby7553 on October 21, 2013, 01:13:54 PM ---I have an undetectable viral load , what is the risk of passing hiv on if I have receptive anal sex with a non infected partner ( to put it more basically if I am fucked by a non infected partner)

--- End quote ---

There is no guarantee that a hiv positive person is indeed undetectable at any one time for various reason . This is why the decision to have unprotected intercourse should be carefully considered by both people who are going to be having unprotected sex .

If you are undetectable it greatly reduces the chance that you might transmit HIV its not zero risk due to other factors that may be present .

Jeff G:
All of your post are dealing with the same issue and you have been advised already in another thread on this subject . I merged your threads into one so that all of your thoughts and concerns about viral load and transmission and the replies are in one place .

Since this is something that you are struggling with I'm going to ask you again to not start multiple threads on the same subject . It will be helpful if you stay in one thread and elaborate a little more on how you are feeling and dealing with this issue .     

Newby7553:
My viral load is <20 and my cd4 count is 775. I am taking truvada and stocrin meds.
I have no stds .

I have met a guy who is negative, who I have become close to, he is a pure top (only wants to receive oral and to fuck me) . I realise that I have to face up to telling him that I am HIV positive, but at this stage (we haven't had sex) haven't felt it appropriate or found the right moment to tell him.

He wants to have sex with me and I have told him that I will only have penetrative sex if he uses a condom which he is fine with.

Under these circumstances do I really need to tell him about my HIV status at this stage? I know that in a perfect world I should tell him , but if it just turns out to be a one night stand , so to speak, And we have had safe sex, is it really necessary to say given the very small risk of transmission.

bocker3:

--- Quote from: Newby7553 on November 05, 2013, 03:25:38 AM ---My viral load is <20 and my cd4 count is 775. I am taking truvada and stocrin meds.
I have no stds .

I have met a guy who is negative, who I have become close to, he is a pure top (only wants to receive oral and to fuck me) . I realise that I have to face up to telling him that I am HIV positive, but at this stage (we haven't had sex) haven't felt it appropriate or found the right moment to tell him.

He wants to have sex with me and I have told him that I will only have penetrative sex if he uses a condom which he is fine with.

Under these circumstances do I really need to tell him about my HIV status at this stage? I know that in a perfect world I should tell him , but if it just turns out to be a one night stand , so to speak, And we have had safe sex, is it really necessary to say given the very small risk of transmission.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't sound like a "one night stand" to me.  you said that you have become close, so it sounds like you two have made a connection.  If you have sex and don't tell him, it will only get harder to do so and you will likely cause it to become a single sexual encounter and slowly push him way.
Only you can decide what to do, but the fact that you are here asking tells me that you KNOW what you should do.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version