Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Double Trouble HIV and Mental Health Issues.

(1/1)

phillypinko:
Anyone in this situation just want to ventilate about what its like? Personally I can say I feel like I am a leper at times. Its a hard knock life that is for sure.

mecch:
I see from your recent posts that your current "transitional" phase of life is hitting you pretty hard.

For what its worth, you may "feel" like a leper, but its a feeling and not true. HIV is just a virus.  Are you sick because of it? I am guessing, no.  Is your health prognosis good, with medical care and treatment?  I am guessing, yes.

Then its a mindset...   

We can't change all that much, or all that quickly, what some HIV- people may feel about us. The fear or distaste or hatred or judgement.  But we can control how we feel about ourselves, with practice.

weasel:

--- Quote from: phillypinko on September 20, 2013, 02:37:57 AM ---Anyone in this situation just want to ventilate about what its like? Personally I can say I feel like I am a leper at times. Its a hard knock life that is for sure.

--- End quote ---

Hi  phillypinko  :)
   I can relate oh so well .   But the older I get the less I worry of what people think .

I try and keep up-beat .   Having HIV half of my 59 years sounds worse than having
 cancer or some other deadly disease .

I hope you are seeking help with your head !    Dealing with HIV gets easier , BUT dealing with Mental health has  never been an easy thing for me . I work on being a happy person , The old saying you only live once is true , being the happiest you can be will make you feel better .
  When I am out and about and get cruised I feel like a leper , even thou I am happily married to a great man , knowing I am damaged still hits me like a rock .

Be well ,
                                                                           Weasel 

phillypinko:

--- Quote from: mecch on September 20, 2013, 08:00:13 AM ---I see from your recent posts that your current "transitional" phase of life is hitting you pretty hard.

For what its worth, you may "feel" like a leper, but its a feeling and not true. HIV is just a virus.  Are you sick because of it? I am guessing, no.  Is your health prognosis good, with medical care and treatment?  I am guessing, yes.

Then its a mindset...   

We can't change all that much, or all that quickly, what some HIV- people may feel about us. The fear or distaste or hatred or judgement.  But we can control how we feel about ourselves, with practice.

--- End quote ---
My experience has been backwards. The longer I am infected the more negative opinions get to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version