Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Ok, here it goes.....!!!

(1/4) > >>

J.R.E.:
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey all,...

Ed  and I are leaving in about 40 minutes.  I can now apply for my Social security. I refuse to work until 66 for the full benefits !!

So, we will be heading down to Clearwater to the Social Security Administration building.  I have an account created online with them, and can do this online, but I prefer to be there in person.

When Ed went a couple of months ago, it took him about 2 1/2 hours to get through the process.  So, we're getting there, before the doors open and wait in line.

You can apply for these benefits 3 months before your 62nd birthday.  I never would have thought back in 1985, that I would be around for this day, and I certainly never thought I would be around for this day in 2003, when I was so ill.  But,  I made it !

I plan on giving my two week notice at work around December 10th, and then I will officially be out of the workforce.

Everything has been calculated and recalculated.  I know what I will be getting, and there won't be a problem.  It will be a little tighter, but I know how to make ends meet, I've been pretty efficient that way.

Hopefully we will get through the process quickly this morning.  I will let you know later

Ray  ;D  yeah!!!!

mitch777:

Congrats Ray! :)
Amazing how time flies.

m.

moxieinme:
Congratulations on your Golden Years!!

JD

leatherman:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on September 10, 2013, 08:11:31 AM ---I never would have thought back in 1985, that I would be around for this day, and I certainly never thought I would be around for this day in 2003, when I was so ill.  But,  I made it !

--- End quote ---
congratulations!! :)

wolfter:
Congrats on the pending retirement.  Back in the 80's, it was difficult to imagine ever achieving that milestone.  If I make it another 13 years, I can finally start receiving retirement benefits that I paid in to.  Thankfully, Bill convinced me to invest in the future rather than my closet.   :o

Best wishes,

wolfie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version