Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

You've lost weight

(1/9) > >>

moxieinme:
Why does that statement from people, well-meaning as it may be, still strike fear in my heart? 15 years after lipo-atrophy altered the landscape of my face and body, although now likely only I am aware of the visible remnants, I cringe when someone observes I've lost weight.

I've been in good share the past few years with a regular exercise and weight routine. Last December I decided to do more cardio both to keep my lipids down and to see if I could reduce some of the deep belly fat. I lost 10 pounds and felt good, and was told I look really good, and even by my BMI I am slightly over normal but don't look it. I have a solid build.

I just had day surgery last week so that probably took off a couple pounds. But now I'm getting these comments and it's creeping me out.

Will I ever get over it? It's almost like a reverse of anorexia; I'm afraid of getting too thin.

Anyone ever experience this?

Theyer:
Oh yes indeedy , it had more effect on me when I was well. Long ago gave up keeping a check on the weight. Now its done at the clinic and I think we have all excepted I am what I am , which is very very lucky to be hear at all, however much I do not weigh.

Know I get you look ..................er better.

wolfter:
Reverse of anorexia is loosing weight? ;)

I've had a bit of experience with this and it's more delicate than the AIDS.  I'm currently struggling with a lot of these issues myself.  I've alluded to this for a while now and am finally addressing it.

I'm usually only offended when someone smaller than me makes these comments.  I've usually witnessed the beef ridden folk who are 200 lbs comment in the negative.

Being fit and being thin are polar opposites.  this for me is a complex issue and I hope you get some good guidance.

wolfie

Miss Philicia:
My weight has been stable now for years, but it was all such a problem that I'm still in the habit of weighing myself at home at least weekly. Old habits die hard blah blah blah.

My doctor actually always wants me to be at the upper part of normal weight for my height, so that I have 5 lbs. to spare should I get ill or something, considering my history of weight loss.

wolfter:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on September 09, 2013, 10:18:12 AM ---My weight has been stable now for years, but it was all such a problem that I'm still in the habit of weighing myself at home at least weekly. Old habits die hard blah blah blah.

My doctor actually always wants me to be at the upper part of normal weight for my height, so that I have 5 lbs. to spare should I get ill or something, considering my history of weight loss.

--- End quote ---

That's great if you aren't dealing with mental aspects.  I weigh myself daily and was confused that the gym in Chicago didn't have a scale.  I wasn't sure how to procede..lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version