Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Just tester positive 6 weeks ago

(1/1)

Jakers:
I am joining this site because I really don't know who else to talk to. I have great friends and great family but no one really understands what I'm going Through

I tested positive 6 weeks ago
5 weeks ago i got my numbers they scared the crap out of me CD4 10 VL 150000
they were worried about my health so they started me on Truvada, Prezista and Norvir
It has now been just over a month of being on the meds.. I have had good days and bad and am currently off work until December. I don't even know what to think
I have been staying positive and trying to live a normal life but it is tough.
I go in on Tuesday for blood work then on the 28Th i get to go find out my numbers fingers crossed that my CD4 will go up

mecch:
Hey welcome here.
Those numbers were alarming of course you are scared.  I'll be the first here to say eventually the treatment will fix that up nicely.
Whats your plan on educated yourself about HIV, treatment, living with HIV, etc.
There are some good basic lessons on this site, have you found them?

So I infer that you told some family and friends? If so, thats good.
And then here, for some more support, cause we're all in it together.
You might also be able to find people who are HIV+ in your locale, for face to face support, etc.

What sort of treatment pipeline are you plugged into?  Will you have a doc just to deal with the HIV infection?? 

Is the financing for the treatment worked out? 

You mentioned being out of work until December.  Well, is that because of the diagnosis? Shock? Are you having daily physical challenges due to the HIV? 

If all goes well, going back to work when its time will go a lot to reestablishing a normal life feeling. Also, helps to keep the mind off stuff... 

weasel:

--- Quote from: Jakers on September 08, 2013, 01:43:02 PM ---I am joining this site because I really don't know who else to talk to. I have great friends and great family but no one really understands what I'm going Through

I tested positive 6 weeks ago
5 weeks ago i got my numbers they scared the crap out of me CD4 10 VL 150000
they were worried about my health so they started me on Truvada, Prezista and Norvir
It has now been just over a month of being on the meds.. I have had good days and bad and am currently off work until December. I don't even know what to think
I have been staying positive and trying to live a normal life but it is tough.
I go in on Tuesday for blood work then on the 28Th i get to go find out my numbers fingers crossed that my CD4 will go up

--- End quote ---

Hi Jakers , 
                  Nice to meet you , Glad you have found us all .

I know it is so very new to you , But life gets better as we live with HIV / AIDS .
 I am on the same drugs as you , I also take Loperpirimide <sp>  for better Bowel action and control .

I have a Husband of over 30 years that really does not get the HIV  " thing "  ,  nor do most of my family . My family offers little support other than things like " Oh you feel bad today ? Must have been something you ate " :o 
 These forums  are a real lifesaver , Post what you feel and the group will chime in and help !
  Hope to hear more from you  :)

Weasel

P.S. POZ over 30 years now ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version