Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Treatment/Complera Question

(1/1)

Jamkid:

I started COMPLERA on Sunday, September 1 and surprisingly it has been more of a challenge than I expected.

I take my tablet every night between 8:30pm and 9pm but I have been wondering if the time needs to be fixed as I have been reading online that its best to have a fixed time.

Also, I made a mistake today as I went out with friends  and forgot my pills at the house. I did eventually take it at approximately 10pm; should I be concerned about the hour difference?

It may be nothing but I am just nervous and well...freaking out.

The good thing is that I have not noticed any side effects.

buginme2:
As long as you take it WITH FOOD then the time is irrelevant.

A change of an hour or several between days is irrelevant.  Take it once per day does not mean it has to be taken exactly every 24 hours.

Buy a key fob pill container.  That way when your out with friends and find yourself at dinner you can open up the fob and take your pill.

buginme2:
This is the key fob I have

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Airtight-Pill-Holder-Keychain/dp/B0012NL9BI

Just attach to your key chain, put one pill in it.  That way if you ever find yourself out you have your meds with you.  Complera is very forgiving, no side effects really and very flexible.  You have to take it with food thoug, 400 calories (and a protein shake doesn't count, has to be food). 

I'm on Complera also. It's super easy

Jamkid:
Thank you so much for your help!

I will normally maybe eat 30mins or so before then take the tablet. However, I ensure that it's 400 or more calories.

gadawg1979:
Yes buy the key chain pill case and do not stress... I am UD and I take mine in the evening... By evening I mean anytime between 6 and 10.  With my job my meals are not constant so I give myself a window and it has worked our great..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version