Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Viral load climbing and our Clinic is closing for good.

<< < (2/2)

BT65:

--- Quote from: CandyO on September 09, 2013, 11:34:59 AM ---Thank You.It is the Wichita Falls Public Health Clinic that is on the link you posted that is closing due to funding issues.My husband is on state medicaid.He has no insurance and is not able to work.

--- End quote ---

With your husband being on Medicaid, it should cover him anywhere in the state.  Unless Texas Medicaid works differently than any other in the nation.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: CandyO on September 09, 2013, 11:34:59 AM ---Thank You.It is the Wichita Falls Public Health Clinic that is on the link you posted that is closing due to funding issues.My husband is on state medicaid.He has no insurance and is not able to work.

--- End quote ---
although tougher sometimes, you should be able to get your own healthcare without even using an ASO. Simply go to the phonebook and find an infectious disease doc; then call and confirm that they accept the medicaid card.

ASOs can be pretty handy, and often have an HIV clinic associated with them, because years ago people fought to get special care for PLWH. However, you should be able to go to whatever doctors you want (who accept medicaid) and get whatever medical treatment you need - without an ASO.

The biggest problem arises though when someone lives in a more rural area. If there aren't many other HIV positive people in the area, there may not be great services. A person might have to consider driving a distance for their health care or even moving closer to the health care. That's just one of the downsides to having a diseases that less than 1% of the population is infected with and not living closer to the other infected people. LOL

It sounds like its time to take you own case management in hand. Hopefully you will be able to find another doctor fairly soon and fairly close to where you live ;)

CandyO:
Thank You both for all your help.I do appreciate it.This brings a lot of relief to my heart.I will do whatever it takes to keep my husband well and thriving.Bless you both,and thank you.

leatherman:
you might want to check here (http://directory.poz.com/) to see if there are more doctors, clinics, ASO around your area ;)

best wishes to you both! Sometimes it's a struggle to get health care; but the struggle is worth it in the end. Staying alive and healthy is a good thing and worth any amount of trouble. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version