Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Vaccine to prevent dieases for POZ people

<< < (2/4) > >>

J.R.E.:
Just to add,... I have an appointment with my infectious disease doctor, next week.

I am going to question him about the Zoster vaccine.  I've had shingles several times( last time being in 2003) and know how painful they can be.

So, if this vaccine can prevent or lesson another outbreak in the future, that would be great. Not that I am expecting an outbreak !

So I will find out more next week on this and report back. I will be curious as to what he feels about this.

Ray

mikeyb39:
I just had the flu shot from my doctor, they just come out with it.  I get one every year, this year it may me feel crappy for a few days, but not sick by no means.  this year it has 4 strains of the flu.

I've taken the pneumonia vaccine and also the HEP vacines as well.  I would take any vaccine that might keep me from getting sick

buginme2:
You really need to go over this with the help of your doctor.

The flu shot,ya you should get one every year.

You should be vaccinated for hep a and b (unless your already immune which your doctor can find out through specific blood tests).

The pneumonia vaccines are recommended for people living with HIV.  There are two different pneumonia vaccines, Prevnar 13 and Pneumovax 23.  You should receive both however they need to be administered in a particular order with a certain amount of time between them.

Doesn't your doctor keep track of all your vaccines and administer the ones you need?

eric48:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on September 06, 2013, 08:49:54 AM ---I am going to question him about the Zoster vaccine.  I've had shingles several times( last time being in 2003) and know how painful they can be.
So, if this vaccine can prevent or lesson another outbreak in the future, that would be great. Not that I am expecting an outbreak !

--- End quote ---

It has been noted that peple who are aging in an enviromnent with younger kids (kindergarten teachers, large family grand mothers) have a reduced risk of later age shingles.

My son got varicella (shingles) that made him stay home for 2 months. I suppose I thus got a 'natural' reboost against VZV. in a few years, I will certainly discuss it with the doc!

Good Luck for next visit

Eric

atripla_2013:
Dear friends,

Thank you very much for your knowledge sharing.

I have just been advised by my doctor that I could take in the following vaccine AT THE SAME TIME:

1. Influenza
2. Pneumonia
3. Meningitis (meningococcal)
4. Tetanus

So my concern and question are:

- What should be the best timeline and order to take in the 4 vaccines into body to get have good solution? One week one vaccine or how? to make our body accept and deal good with the vaccines in the right way.

- Is Polysaccharide pneumococcal (PCV13, PPSV23) the Prevnar 13 and Pneumovax 23 that buginme2 mentioned? How should be a right ordor to take in this pneumococcal?

Hope to get your experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version