Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Vaccine to prevent dieases for POZ people

<< < (4/4)

buginme2:

--- Quote from: atripla_2013 on September 08, 2013, 12:33:41 AM ---Dear friends,

Thank you very much for your knowledge sharing.

I have just been advised by my doctor that I could take in the following vaccine AT THE SAME TIME:

1. Influenza
2. Pneumonia
3. Meningitis (meningococcal)
4. Tetanus

So my concern and question are:

- What should be the best timeline and order to take in the 4 vaccines into body to get have good solution? One week one vaccine or how? to make our body accept and deal good with the vaccines in the right way.

- Is Polysaccharide pneumococcal (PCV13, PPSV23) the Prevnar 13 and Pneumovax 23 that buginme2 mentioned? How should be a right ordor to take in this pneumococcal?

Hope to get your experience.

--- End quote ---

why are you doing this on your own?  why isn't your doctor doing this?

both hep and pneumonia vaccines need to be taken in a specific order with specific spacing.  You shouldn't be doing this on your own or learning how to do it from strangers on the internet.

J.R.E.:
I spoke with my doctor today, to get his thoughts receiving the zoster vaccine.

He stated some HIV positive people are receiving the shot (S).  I asked if the vaccine is available through the VA, and he said not at this time.

Because the CDC doesn't yet approve it in HIV positive individuals, the VA is not permitted to give it out.

However, he knows of ( selected) HIV positive patients getting the vaccine, through Walgreens or another pharmacy, with no adverse reactons. ( This is a live virus). Tcell counts have to be over 200.

So, He didn't say "no" to me, but he didn't say "yes" either. He stated that even though my % is low, I am still stable to receive it.

At the end, I agreed to hold off on it.  My main point to him, was that I am now into my 60's, and having shingles several times already, I know how painful they were.

I am one of those daring individuals, and will give this some more thought later on.

Ray

aaware72:

--- Quote from: aaware72 on September 09, 2013, 01:27:47 PM ---Last month I was give 4 myself.  Mine were HepB(double dose), Pneumonia, Meningitis(yellow fever), and Tetanus.  So that was 5 shots 3 in one shoulder and 2 in another.  Had shoulder soreness for a few days and had some flu like symptoms for a couple of days.

--- End quote ---

Let me clarify what I saying here.  When I say I'm getting a double dose I mean that I getting twice as much as the first time I had the series of vaccinations.  There is a series of shots for HepB that need to be take over a period of time.  first shot, then 30 days later, and then again 6 months later.  I was not implying that I was getting all these at the same time.  However I did get vaccinated for 4 different things at the same time.   

leatherman:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on September 09, 2013, 04:45:03 PM ---At the end, I agreed to hold off on it.  My main point to him, was that I am now into my 60's, and having shingles several times already, I know how painful they were.

I am one of those daring individuals, and will give this some more thought later on.

--- End quote ---
having had these same discussions (with my doctors), thoughts (about how well i am) and experience (shingles 3 or 4 times now), I am NOT one of those daring individuals at all. My thoughts are, if it ain't broke (been a long time since the last shingles) I don't wanna break anything. ;)

especially since breaking something would mean this vaccine induced another bout of shingles! You're either protected or you could be screwed. I don't like those odds enough ... at least not yet. LOL ;D

buginme2:
I'm getting the nasal spray flu shot this year, what's the worst that could happen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version