Main Forums > Living With HIV

Dating an HIV- Partner

<< < (4/4)

mike:

--- Quote from: travisfranklin on June 07, 2006, 07:32:52 PM --- the best advice I can give is just bare with them as they are adjusting to you and hopefully they will bare with you also!

--- End quote ---

that's an intentional mis-spelling/pun right ?  ;)

Van Pelt:
My -ve bf and I recently celebrated our 4 year anniversary...and not to get too much into detail, I cannot complain about my sex life. It is true, we avoid intercourse, and are cautious when it comes to oral sex, but we still participate in intimacy and such.

Having a -ve partner is not always easy. They can never fully understand what you're going through...but at the same time, they'll be going through things, too, that you won't understand. My bf has always had the issue of not wanting to watch me die. He's also on me about going to the doctor's everytime a cough comes from my mouth.

Our relationship has it's problems because of this factor - but, in truth, what relationship doesn't? Still, we've survived on 4 years, and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

muffle:
Just be careful and get informed from experts about this.

Matty the Damned:

--- Quote from: muffle on June 08, 2006, 02:28:24 AM ---Just be careful and get informed from experts about this.

--- End quote ---

Muffle,

Are you an HIV positive person or do you have a loved one who is HIV+? If so maybe you'd like to post an introductory thread and tell us about yourself.

Regards,

MtD

Ann:
Hi Spicy, welcome to the forums.

I'm also in a relationship with a negative man. We've been together for just about seven years now and he remains hiv negative.

Fingering and kissing are not ways that hiv is transmitted. As Jonathan pointed out earlier, it is exceedingly rare for anyone to become positive from any sort of oral activity. You don't need to worry about giving him a blowjob - there is no risk for him there. Saliva isn't infectious and your mouth would have to be very damaged and bleeding heavily for you to pose any sort of risk to him - and you're hardly likely to be kissing or giving blowjobs with lots of blood or sores in your mouth.

As far as intercourse goes, hiv is a fragile, difficult (but not impossible) virus to transmit and more so from a woman to a man. Make sure you two use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you'll be fine. Check out the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use those condoms with confidence. Also, check out the links in the left-hand column of either of those pages for information on the female condom. If your partner is at all worried about giving you oral, the female condom can do double duty here as a barrier for oral sex and then you also have a condom in place for when you progress from oral to intercourse.

You might also like to read through the Lessons and in relation to this particular line of questions, check out the HIV Transmission Lesson

Good luck... and have fun. Just make sure you're using condoms for intercourse because condoms have been proven to be excellent for preventing the transmission of hiv.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version