Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

6 months now - and finally I took the step to create a profile

(1/3) > >>

Nic75:
Hi

After feeling very tired and not feeling so well I went to my doctor, after several blood tests  he decided that we should check my lungs, and after an X-ray, I was send to the hospital because they found spots on my lungs, they made a CT scan and a PET scan, because they had a suspect that I had lung cancer. At the same time they took a HIV test, during all the tests for cancer they told me that I was HIV poz, but they still were not sure about the cancer. After taking a biopsy I was told that it was not cancer, but lung cyst.

Not before after that I started to realize that I was poz, because of the cancer suspect it did not seem so important at that time.

To make a long story short: I had aids, with the opportunistic infections: lung cyst, pneumonia and fungus. And a fem weeks later they found out the i had lung TB, and to top the list IRIS syndrome.

So for a long time, I had no time to think about being poz, because all the diseases just kept on knocking on the door to come in.

I have spend more than 6 weeks hospitalized, so I had nothing but time, and because I started to think about my disease I started Google some of my questions. I was so lucky that this forum was one of the first to show up on my screen, I have been using this forum as a guest, and this has been an amazing help for me.

So thank you to all of you that has helped me the last 6 months, all the posts that I have been reading has been honest, warm, very informative and friendly, and that has helped me a lot, to find a forum in this nightmare situation where I could feel safe, find good advise and learn from others in the same situation.

I have 1000 of questions, but right now it was just very important for me to get my own profile and to be an active part of this forum.

First step is now taken...

Jeff G:
Welcome Nic ... I hope you are on the mend . We will try to live up to your glowing review you gave us and you continue to heal . Do we have a deal ?

Nic75:
Hi Jeff

Yes we have a deal  :)

I am now on Viramune and Truvada, I just changed from Isentress because it did not work together with the TB med that I am taking.

Thank you for your reply to my post

Nic

Jeff G:
Thank you for joining us .

mitch777:
A welcome and a hug from me too Nic!
Sounds like you are getting good care and glad the forums helped. One hurdle at a time and before you know it you will be behind it all.
m.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version