Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Tivicay

<< < (2/14) > >>

Jeff G:
You youngsters with your newfangled HIV meds ... when I first got pozzed up we only had AZT and took a 180 of them before noon and liked it .

Im looking forward to updates , thinking about changing myself . 

Miss Philicia:
I am not young and I also took AZT. I'm making this switch for a couple good clinical reasons and fully encouraged to do so by my physician, thankuverymuch. I will be able to reduce my current HIV regimen from 7 pills per day taken twice daily, half with food restrictions to two pills once daily with no pill restrictions. Furthermore he expects me to either greatly reduce or eliminate my need for 12 pills daily for diarrhea side effects. Anyway, going from 19 pills to 2 sounds like a pretty good reason both as a patient and the cost to the taxpayer (though I'll still be taking pills for other bullshit: lyrica, diovan, prescription vit. d etc.)

the4realone:
I was subscribed Tivicay as well Cluffmasta ---- I got it yesterday along with Epzicom ---- my doctors were waiting for it to be approved for me because of chronic kidney disease --- I did not take it yet ... this will be my first time beginning treatment --- my diagnosis was on January 1, 2013 --- and doctors believe I was just infected late summer early fall last year due to acute sero-conversion and the fact that when I was tested in November 2012 while in hospital test came back negative

Well I will be starting, if not tonight then certainly before next weekend --- been getting some good encouragement ... concerned about what side effects will be especially since I already deal with some for other meds I am taking for other health conditions ... wishing you the best

mikeyb39:
I take isentress now and I wonder if it is what is causing my headaches or migraines if you will.  Does anyone think this new drug will make any difference in that?   its in the same class category. 

Anyone else feel the isentress causes you actual headaches.  I get bad migraines from time to time, it seems more frequent when I switched meds a year or so ago.

Cluffmasta:

--- Quote from: mikeyb39 on September 03, 2013, 06:56:21 PM ---  Anyone else feel the isentress causes you actual headaches.  I get bad migraines from time to time, it seems more frequent when I switched meds a year or so ago.

--- End quote ---
When I take Isentress it gives me terrible headaches! My Dr. switched me to Stribild in June, headaches went away but it gave me terrible anxiety. I had to switch back to Truvada and Isentress for two weeks and my headaches returned, luckily my Dr. was able to get the Tivicay relatively quick for me. I have been on Tivicay now for 7 days and while I still get a little head pressure it is nothing like the Isentress caused  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version