Quantcast
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2016, 07:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 28166
  • Latest: Matland
Stats
  • Total Posts: 690384
  • Total Topics: 54266
  • Online Today: 195
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 118
Total: 123

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: wills, power of attorney, etc  (Read 638 times)

Offline haddontwppoz

wills, power of attorney, etc
« on: March 13, 2016, 11:54:15 PM »
I hate bringing up things like this but I'm starting to plan my end of life decisions.  Not sick, just planning ahead.  My probem is I want to donate my body to science for study. I was stunned when I googled "donate body" and all the ones I got do not accept HIV poz cadavers.  Anyone with any clues.

Offline AusShep

Re: wills, power of attorney, etc
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 12:06:44 AM »
I hate bringing up things like this but I'm starting to plan my end of life decisions.  Not sick, just planning ahead.  My probem is I want to donate my body to science for study. I was stunned when I googled "donate body" and all the ones I got do not accept HIV poz cadavers.  Anyone with any clues.

They've recently started accepting some poz organ donations for poz to poz organ transfers.  I think initially it was just one program on the east coast.   Sorry can't help much on the body donation, but am fairly well versed on durable powers of atty and that sort stuff which isn't as necessary anymore due to same sex marriage which grants most of those rights without needing a separate 30 page legal doc.

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 12:11:13 AM »
you asked this same question a year ago, it was answered then

it's the only other thing you've ever posted

are you ok? or do you just come around here when you're thinking about death

i ask because the member that answered you last you, that was also making these same decisions as you... he committed suicide last year

now looking back, i'm struck by a red flag either no one noticed, or no one directly asked about

so i'm asking
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:17:57 AM by zach »

Offline initforlife

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 10:48:03 AM »
Zach  Good call.  I think we need to be watchful for red flags that someone maybe asking for help without asking in so many words.. So I will ask you too. are you ok? Do you need someone to talk to?  We are all here for you if needed. Most folks on this forum are kind caring people.  and you can also send a pm if you prefer mine are always open and I'm a good listener too. Anyway Hugs to you

sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline haddontwppoz

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 01:01:58 AM »
I too thank you for expressing concern.  The answer is actually a complicated one.  To be honest, I knew I had asked before, couldn't find the post or responce, didn't even know for sure I asked on this site.
     They are my true desires.  I was lax in completing the forms last year.  This years question was after kind of a mini stress breakdown.  I have thought of suicide a few times in my 55 years, but valued life too much and also to afraid to try for fear of failing and becoming someone elses burden. 
    This latest episode, depression, stress, etc. I took 2 xanax.  After awhile I just started eating one or two every 10-15 minutes, all the while thinking I can actually do this with no fear. Luckily, after about  35 minutes and who knows how many pills I took my husband  came, saw me taking more and took the bottle just thinking I had forgotten I took the first one.   
     That saved me.
Actually, your post IS my wake up call, as I didn't give it a 2nd thought after I woke up the next day, brushing it off as just needing the rest, till now.
  I know in my head I was actually trying at that point.
I do believe on Monday I will be calling my doctor to have a talk with him.
 Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Offline zach

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 01:07:44 AM »
i'm glad you're ok and plan to contact a doctor, i hope you follow through with that

Offline haddontwppoz

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 01:20:56 AM »
Thanks again

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 07:25:09 PM »
Hey Haddon,
Glad you are ok. What meds are you on? There are some meds that are more prone to suicide ideation - your doc should be aware, but it is important to talk to them about it.

03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2016 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.