POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2015, 07:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 666314
  • Total Topics: 51257
  • Online Today: 245
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Spring  (Read 3086 times)

Offline bubba53

Spring
« on: March 08, 2015, 08:08:04 AM »
Hey all ,
No snow in the 10 day forecast !
Happy Spring
"Who put the pepper in the....Vaseline  ? " Coffee Butler

Offline Jeff G

• How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Spring
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 10:53:25 AM »
My daffodils are blooming and my camellias are popping, a glorious day in the south .

Online DANIELtakashi

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »
It is snowing in many parts of Japan .
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English
Reside in TOKYO
Have visited 45 US states, DC, and Guam and Saipan.

Offline bubba53

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 11:49:50 AM »
I thought winters in Japan were mild,
Is this unusual ?

Online DANIELtakashi

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:01:46 PM »
In TOKYO, mild.
In the north, cruelly cold.

Thank you for your interest.   Please come to visit.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English
Reside in TOKYO
Have visited 45 US states, DC, and Guam and Saipan.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 04:44:47 PM »

:) ;) :D ;D
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaŪto frito."

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 07:16:30 PM »

I think Spring will be very short lived here.  We're still having morning lows in the 60's, but it looks as though the AC will be turned back on again full time, very soon.  :P

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

Diagnosed positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of 4/1/15,  t-cells are at 437,   Viral load remains <40

Current % is at 15%

63 years young.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 09:28:15 PM »
My daffodils are blooming and my camellias are popping, a glorious day in the south .

I hate it when that happens, it means we have darker and colder days hovering on the horizon...Damn it all, I don't function well in the cold.

Aroha
Jan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline bubba53

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 09:59:56 PM »
Hi Jan,
How cold does it get there ?

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 10:54:53 PM »
After the 14 inches of snow melted, we discovered we have daffodil and tulip bulbs popping up.  The hyacinth bulbs popped up almost a month ago.  The fish were swimming to the top of the pond and not just around the bottom. 

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 11:21:01 PM »
Hi Jan,
How cold does it get there ?

We do get a bit of snow, but mostly in the Mountains, NZ is know for it's Winter Sports, if we do get it at sea level it doesn't always stay around, and very rarely does it get below -2C..at least in my part of the country (bottom of the South Island).  The winter winds are a killer. >:(

We don't get those really bad snow storms like the States do, but our winter do tend to last about 6 months, and our summers are short.

Aroha
Jan

Offline BT65

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 04:59:19 AM »
Looking at Accuweather, we are only forecasted one day of the 30'sF with possible snow for the next month.  Been getting in the upper 40's, low 50's and the snow is melting (signal the Hallelujah chorus).

Jan I'm sorry you're going into your winter season but I am so elated ours is coming to the end.  It's been an extremely rough season. 
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »
We do get a bit of snow, but mostly in the Mountains, NZ is know for it's Winter Sports, if we do get it at sea level it doesn't always stay around, and very rarely does it get below -2C..at least in my part of the country (bottom of the South Island).  The winter winds are a killer. >:(

We don't get those really bad snow storms like the States do, but our winter do tend to last about 6 months, and our summers are short.

Aroha
Jan

Child please, your "winter" is like spring weather here. At most you endure the type of hardship one would find in northern Florida. We all pity you in the extreme.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline bubba53

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 10:57:51 AM »
We finally have a stretch of upper thirties, forty's and fifties .
still have about seven inches on the ground, but it is finally melting !!
agree with Betty this winter has been a fucking stinker !

Learning more about geography and its weather on these forums
than I did in school ! Thanks to Jan And Daniel.

Ted,
if my Hyacinth was getting ready to bloom ,
I would put on some shorts and thellebrate  ...LOL

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 01:49:42 PM »
Last Friday our high was 26F, then Sunday we finally reached 50F. Today we're going over 60F. Good times.

I just opened my windows a crack for the first time in months.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 01:24:22 AM »
Child please, your "winter" is like spring weather here. At most you endure the type of hardship one would find in northern Florida. We all pity you in the extreme.

Have you spent a winter in NZ?..we may not have the snow storms you guys get but we do get lots of freezing rain and winds that go right to the bone.

Aroha
Jan :-*
P.S.  Send me some of your vintage designer winter wear, you won't be needing it for 6 months.  ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 07:09:24 AM »
Have you spent a winter in NZ?..we may not have the snow storms you guys get but we do get lots of freezing rain and winds that go right to the bone.

I know how to utilize the internet to look up historical average highs and lows and a particular location on a per month and daily basis, yes ma'am I am.

Per the records for Mataura the lows during your winter solstice: an average high of 57F, average low of 46F (13.8C and 7.7C)

Comparing it to northern Florida was a stretch on my part (in your favor) because their winter lows are 41F... but it surely wasn't far off the mark.

fyi: I don't even live in the coldest part of the US by any stretch and our average lows in winter are 25F (-3.8C)

Offline BT65

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 12:51:39 PM »
My window is cracked open right now, it's in the upper 40's headed to 50F.  We're supposed to stay around 50F through the weekend.  I really don't look beyond one day anymore as the weather people are always wrong on any type of extended forecast.

But, the snow is melting!!  I can't believe it!

Betty

PS  Let me just add that we had more negative temp degree days during this winter than I remember ever having.  It was ridiculous!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 03:22:54 PM »
I know how to utilize the internet to look up historical average highs and lows and a particular location on a per month and daily basis, yes ma'am I am.

Per the records for Mataura the lows during your winter solstice: an average high of 57F, average low of 46F (13.8C and 7.7C)

Comparing it to northern Florida was a stretch on my part (in your favor) because their winter lows are 41F... but it surely wasn't far off the mark.

fyi: I don't even live in the coldest part of the US by any stretch and our average lows in winter are 25F (-3.8C)

Bloody show off!  I still want to borrow your vintage winter wear.

Aroha

Offline Jeff G

• How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 03:31:02 PM »
Bloody show off!  I still want to borrow your vintage winter wear.

Aroha

He is coming to AMG ya know Ö you can steal his luggage then .

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 03:35:19 PM »
He is coming to AMG ya know Ö you can steal his luggage then .

Good thinking Jeff but I doubt he will have his winter wear with him, but maybe a pair of Vintage Bermuda shorts for my next summer.

Aroha

Offline Jeff G

• How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 03:40:30 PM »
Good thinking Jeff but I doubt he will have his winter wear with him, but maybe a pair of Vintage Bermuda shorts for my next summer.

Aroha

Maybe you can at least steal one of his Louis Vuitton depends .

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 03:46:31 PM »
Yes, it is spring.. it is a warm day today :)

Offline bubba53

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 09:32:30 PM »
I think we all got spring fever.....
Not sure what it is, but think we got it...
I think we should do a shot together.
I'm having tequila, ahh that hit the spot !

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 11:33:59 PM »
It was a beautiful day here, with a high around 67.  We went scouting event locations, for Brian's parents 50th anniversary.  Went to the Muhammad Ali Center, which has beautiful balconies overlooking the city and river.  Also checked out the 21C Museum Hotel, which has been voted best hotel in the country.  Got to visit the penthouse, which has a balcony.  Got to hear how certain presidents and celebrities stayed in that penthouse (trying to avoid google).  It was interesting to hear the "demands" they all had.  One president required new batteries in the remote..lol.  One singer "from Mars" refused to smoke outside and the penthouse stunk of smoke.  But, I digress.

Came home and the pond was starting to look like pea soup.  It was just clear, before the huge snow.  Amazing what some sunny days will do.  We were surprised the water was already 54 degrees.  I thought maybe 40.  Hooked up the pump and filter system and gave them some food, since they all were very active and begging. 

Offline bubba53

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 09:15:12 AM »
Bet those fish are glad winter is over !

Offline bubba53

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 10:43:32 AM »
I see lots of ground !
still some piles where the snow was plowed and shoveled.
The bay is thawing out and has ice bergs !
Kind of cool actually, but ill be glad to be sitting on a sand bar in the sun !

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 10:14:17 AM »
The first day of Spring arrives in two days -- this is how I will be welcoming it:

Offline mitch777

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 04:26:13 PM »
Spring? All I see is winter! We still have over a foot of snow on the ground.  >:(
32 years hiv+ (oct. 2013) with a curtsy.

Offline areobe

• "I am a stone." - Demon Hunter
    • "Me" in a single song.
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 08:39:28 PM »
Happy Spring, y'all!  20c here today and bright sunshine.  Winter is over for us in Arkansas.  :)
03-Dec-2014 Dx'ed HIV+
03-Dec-2014 CD4 18
03-Dec-2014 Began Atripla
09-Jan-2015 CD4 189
08-Apr-2015 CD4 182 VL UD

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 01:04:42 AM »
Louisville is making national news again, as the worst place for spring allergies.  The Today Show was LIVE here last year.  This year, NBC Nightly News featured Louisville as the worst.  So far, I don't have bad allergies.  I've always heard we have such a bad problem, because we live in a valley. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/snowy-winter-to-make-spring-allergies-more-miserable-416324163624

Offline Jeff G

• How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 11:43:46 AM »
Louisville is making national news again, as the worst place for spring allergies.  The Today Show was LIVE here last year.  This year, NBC Nightly News featured Louisville as the worst.  So far, I don't have bad allergies.  I've always heard we have such a bad problem, because we live in a valley. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/snowy-winter-to-make-spring-allergies-more-miserable-416324163624

Where I live is pretty bad for allergies as well . I never remember having allergies as kid but when I moved back south as an adult I thought I was dying, I really did . Its turns out I am very allergic to Alabama in the spring and even worse is my fall allergies .

Being allergic to Alabama is yet another reason to move from here one day .

Offline BT65

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 12:07:23 PM »
Lol, I agree.  Actually in this area in Michigan, and northern Indiana, allergies are horrible.  And some people end up getting pneumonia because their allergies hit them so hard. 

I don't know about spring being here, I guess it is since we always get up and down temps.  Yesterday it was 50F, right now it's only 32F.  Tonight it's supposed to snow, Wednesday it's supposed to be 60F, then down in the 40's.  Typical.  I just hope this summer isn't as short as last summer.

Betty

Offline JimDublin

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »
Well not sure if it spring yet, but sitting in the garden I was not going to let the sunshine go to waste.

I even got slightly sunburnt :-)

Co.Meath:
Weather Data for Yesterday 21-Mar-2015

Max temp   10.9 įC (50.36 įF)
Min temp   -0.2 įC (31.64 įF)
Hours of sun:    10.0

To quote my sister:
See my theory is dad farted so much near us as kids that he has given me all these deficiencies! So be careful where you fart! 😁

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:17 PM »
I forgot to mention one of the big discussions in the allergy report.  Global warming is believed to cause plants and trees to pump out much more pollen.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 05:45:52 PM »

The desert allergy season is short.

Offline bubba53

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2015, 09:20:36 AM »
Well spring IS here now !
No more freezing temps at night , I've been wearing shorts
For a few weeks now. Tired of all those clothes.
Took the dogs for their first run on the sand bars the other day ,
they were very happy campers !

No flowers popping up or roses coming to life though.
The house was only finished in December , so nothing is
planted except surrounding woods.
Have our work cut out for us , it will get done.
No more moving for me !

Now is also time for all the six month spring horse shit , HRA , dr appt. ect
Labs done last week , everything not on portal yet.
Lipids remain low, cholesterol 127 , Trigcerides 93 , BS remains in range
See Doc on Tue, sure he'll have me in for the HRA soon ,
I hate those !

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »
The forsythia is just about past - -the daffodils are up, the tulips and creeping phlox are just about to open and now the tree pollen has begun.  The cars have a thin layer of that awful yellow misery maker all over them.

We hit 81 yesterday.......

3 weeks from now, the pool shall be open and we will be speaking of summer!

M
Atripla - Started 12/05
Reyataz/Norvir - Added 6/06
Labs - Pre-Meds
Sep05 T=350/25% VL98,559
Nov05 288/18%  47,564
Current Labs
May2013 691/31% <20

Offline BT65

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »
Mike, our daffodils are coming up also.  And there are people coming in the next week to power wash the deck and stain it.  Whatever paint the lady (who lived here before us) used, was cheap and chipped over the winter.

I have the windows open.  Yay for sun and warmer weather!

Betty

Offline bubba53

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »
Everything here is weeks behind , no Forsythia yet.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2015, 07:23:50 PM »
The end.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 07:36:30 PM »
That's looks nice Mark.  Snows about gone too.  We had a beautiful day here and I did lots of yard work.  I actually made a little garden patch to hide the gas meter.  I saw a much of pretty weeds pop up that I thought I got rid of last year.

I replanted them all and I'll see what we come up with.  Also went and got a bunch of landscape timbers to frame the side garden.  My brother is paying for a nice garden at the back of the property for a food garden.  His wife really misses her garden and he thinks he can pawn her off on me whenever he does his thing....lol
Complacency is the enemy.  ;)  Challenge yourself daily for maximum  return on investment.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »
  I saw a much of pretty weeds pop up that I thought I got rid of last year.

I replanted them all and I'll see what we come up with.

Does the other Greg know the difference between a weed and, um, not a weed? lol.

You should embrace your lovely sister-in-law's help and insist she plants jalapeŮos. This could be a good thing! tee he.  :)

Offline zach

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2015, 08:51:13 PM »
a weed is but an unloved flower, growing where someone wants something else
An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far

Offline mitch777

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
a weed is but an unloved flower, growing where someone wants something else

ok. :)

Offline Basquo

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 09:23:20 PM »
Gorgeous irises are blooming today, after just blooming in December. We also have daffodils and our first roses since pruning--we had single roses now and then throughout the winter, but these are the first big ones. We also are getting blooms from a rose bush that we didn't plant; we've been here for nearly five years and all of the sudden last fall a bush grew in almost the same place where I planted a Forsythia bush (which also bloomed against all Southwest odds.) We have two more random rose bushes in the back yard. I've seen rose bushes die off then come back from the rose grave years later, so I think the former owners must have had a few croak on them.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 09:37:16 PM »
I hacked the hell out of these weeds last fall as they flanked the misplaced flag pool.  I truly don't know much about those which you can eat. 

Kirby always had a garden until she married my brother.  I think she wanted to be a hippy child of the 60's.  every time we been around someone doing herb she says she won't hit it but it's ok to blow the smoke her way.
Complacency is the enemy.  ;)  Challenge yourself daily for maximum  return on investment.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2015 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.