Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Just tested positive - Really high Viral Load

<< < (2/6) > >>

ShazamsD:
I wouldn't stress. My first numbers were shy of 4 million and I was freaked out.  6 weeks later at my next test I was under 5 k. 
hang in there, listen to your doctors and adhere to your meds. 

Sucks at this moment but it does, as they say, get better

mecch:

--- Quote from: ShazamsD on August 26, 2013, 01:55:11 PM ---I wouldn't stress. My first numbers were shy of 4 million and I was freaked out.  6 weeks later at my next test I was under 5 k. 
hang in there, listen to your doctors and adhere to your meds. 

Sucks at this moment but it does, as they say, get better

--- End quote ---

The OP is NOT on meds yet.

I agree, no need to freak out. But viral loads in the millions, an estimated  3-4 months after infection, is not the same situation as a lot of you other people are commenting about, your own....

Just saying...

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: mecch on August 26, 2013, 03:39:21 PM ---The OP is NOT on meds yet.

I agree, no need to freak out. But viral loads in the millions, an estimated  3-4 months after infection, is not the same situation as a lot of you other people are commenting about, your own....

Just saying...

--- End quote ---

I repeat: "Your doctor will be your best guide, but yes, it's probably a good idea to get that down a bit." Ain't none of us qualified to give medical advice over the intarwebs. We only have opinions, hearsay and personal experience. Acute Retroviral Syndrome in theory can still be going 12 weeks after infection, though 6-8 weeks is more "normal". There's no need to panic, but there is need to talk with a doctor.

Reliable Reference: "Acute HIV infection is defined as the period between exposure to the virus and completion of the initial immune responses. This period varies but generally lasts 2-3 months."

Condesa66:
Thanks all for your feedback. Had another blood test today, saw my Doc. and we agreed to start meds. 

lincoln6echo:
Hey Condesa86
My VL was almost 10 million last summer when I was in seroconversion and super sick.
I was freaked out too so I totally understand how you feel.

Once you start meds though, it will drop quite fast.
lincoln.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version