HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Protected Vaginal Sex

(1/2) > >>

sep1609:
Dear  Doctor,

Last Week Saturday (08/17) I went to Strip Club in US and had a protected Vaginal sex with a girl. I don't know what is her HIV status.

I had vaginal sex using a condom, during the sex I licked her vagina using my tongue and I kissed/squeezed her vagina with my mouth and lips. I am not sure whether I had contact with vaginal fluids.

At that time I have an split in my lips.

1. Will I get infected by HIV due to the things I have done with my Mouth/Lips, that is due to Vaginal fluids from her vagina touching my Open splits in my Lips?
2. Do I need to go for an HIV test after 6 weeks i.e Spe 28 2013?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

RapidRod:
You never had an exposure and I'm sure you've been advised of it before.

Jeff G:
You didn't have a risk , the vaginal sex was protected and cunnilingus isn't a risk even with a split lip . There is no need to test for this specific incident .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

OH ... Im not a doctor , we are volunteer moderators with the experience to do risk assessments for HIV and rely on peer reviewed science for all the information we supply .

jkinatl2:
Two things:

It is called "protected sex" for a reason. It protects against HIV.

also:

Getting around your three free posts by "reporting" your post in order  to message the moderators is unwelcome, unfair, and cheating. Please don't do it again.

sep1609:
Hi Jeff,Ann and JK,

Due to my anxiety, I went for Testing on 58Th Day day (9Th Week mark) from the mentioned activity.

Test carried out was " HIV Antibody, HIV-1, Western Blot with Reflex to HIV-2, EIA with Reflex to Immunoblot " . It came back as Negative.

Do you guys still advise me to confirm the results now. Because at present I have crossed the 3 month mark (98th Day).

I have been experiencing below symptoms for last 1 month. I knew symptoms wont tell you anything. Sorry to say that. Just I wanna let some know.

1. Wrinkled skin on my penis.
2. Pain in my left side back (frequent urination(Yellowish)).

Note : I haven't tested it for hepatitis.

You guys are doing a wonderful job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version